Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding my king quad 700 yesterday and it ran great for an hr. We stopped and took a break for a while then took off again. About 5 min into the ride it cut out. It stayed running but just spit and sputtered until I got down under 15 mph then it would be on a rev limiter and wouldn't go over 10-15 mph. I shut it off for a while and took off again running normal for 5 min or so then same thing? Any ideas? What to look at first?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I checked the battery and it was good. I took it for a ride and it was fine for 10 minutes. It started doing the same thing again. I noticed that the H for high on my gage was gone. I put it into low range and it ran normal. The gage showed the L for low. I went back to high gear and it did not show the H and acted like it was in limp mode again. Hope this helps narrow it down if anyone knows these symptoms

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it doesn't. I've found a little info but not very much. It sounds like it might be a gear position sensor, I'm not even sure where it's located and can't find info on it. I've seen a few threads in the forums on this problem but no one posts what the exact problem is or a fix for it

·
Registered
3 Posts
No it doesn't. I've found a little info but not very much. It sounds like it might be a gear position sensor, I'm not even sure where it's located and can't find info on it. I've seen a few threads in the forums on this problem but no one posts what the exact problem is or a fix for it
Hi mate, I am having the same issue now, did you find out what the problem was?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts