21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
bfd.....Sorry I sent to the wrong person.....resent

·
Registered
8 Posts
when you installed your LEDs did you leave any of the rubber boots in place or did you remove the one by the plug and the one in the back of housing? Do you have issues with getting water in the headlight housing?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
If you don't use it for a submarine.....you should be fine

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just put LED headlights in mine that have the heatsink/fan with a wiring pigtail and left both rubber boots in place after my install.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought a set of these. Inexpensive and impressive.
2X TRI-ROW CREE 4"INCH 90W LED WORK LIGHT BAR FLOOD OFFROAD TRUCK MOTORCYCLE SUV | eBay

I threw the OEMs in the garbage, where they belong. I made my own brackets, and mounted one light in the middle of the original mounts, and the other on the handle bars. My quad is an old 1999, and I don't care how it looks. I used the existing wires, and switches. I did splice a wire, so the bottom light (dim) stays on when the top light (bright) is on.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Can I get that link also please? Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello, does the link have the type of lights they are? And is it the same for the center pod light also? Can I get the link? Thanks

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
PM sent.....you will need to order what you need for your application.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hoping TCIII is still sharing!

I've been trying to figure this out, and I'm pretty sure it's an H4 bulb, but it would have to be the kind that the outer-ring is detachable...which, they all might be for all I know. I've got a 2005 LT700X King Quad I bought used, but was ridden twice....it really looks like it just came off the showroom floor, so I'd like to do it justice with some modern head lights....

·
Registered
621 Posts
I put 3 of these H4 HS1 LEDs on my 2019 KQ. Each bulb has 16 leds (12 side,4 top). Not sure the lumens but I love the plug and play, no splicing or dicing. they are very bright and run cool with hi low ranges for head lights and I easily wired the top pod light to hi when turned on.I don’t really want to add a light bar and don’t think i’ll need to with this set up for type of night riding I do. Not a great pic but you can see the difference between stock holagen(left) and LED(right).

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do we have to take a lot of pieces out of the quad to install them ? My quad is 3 hours away from here,

Thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
Do we have to take a lot of pieces out of the quad to install them ? My quad is 3 hours away from here,

Thanks
hey JohnDoe1983, are you talking about the 3 plug and play LED bulbs I used?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes ZUUK, I would like to replace the H4 on my KQ 2018 but I don't feel like I would have to take all the front plastic apart to do so.

I found some not very expensive on AliExpress in China. Waiting to see how much trouble it is to install them.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ah ok. No you do not have to remove panels . let’s start with the headlights, they are easiest.

See pics..
1) remove outer rubber boot
2) remove inner rubber boot (carefully wires rout into this one but they do have a little play, that’s good)
3) unfasten the spring clip and the whole bulb assembly will come out.
4) disconnect harness from old bulb
5) connect new LED and test, make sure hi low work if not revers the 2 side pole wires , they come out using a precision screwdriver to gently push them out.

For the pod headlight (sorry no pics) you’ll need to remove the pod case which is held together with 3 push fasterners (1 on each side and 1 just below the LED display) and 2 screws on the top of the LED display. Once that is done the assembly will come apart and you’ll see the bulb, same as the head light to replace.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

21 - 40 of 50 Posts