Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone here uses LED headlights. I bought 3 to outfit the bike all LED along with a 14" light bar. The headlights are suppose to be plug and play. 1200 lumens. dunno if they get hot or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have led on my headlights but they have a built in fan....I have not had any problems and I like them.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Do they get any hotter than an halogen?

I always thought one of the other advantages of LED is they stayed cool.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
The higher wattage led chips do get hot...hence the incorporated fan and aluminum heat sink.....I don't think they get as hot as halogen with the fan and heat sink but without it , they would burn themselves up in a short time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I was wondering if they get hot too. There is no fans or anything just a direct replacement bulb with high/low beam. 7-10watts 1200 lumens it has 143 small led chips all over it lol. Dunno what they are gonna be like but they are suppose to have 65000 hrs lifespan

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
This is the type I used
10w on low
20w on high
each chip is 10w and 1100lm ( 1100lm low...2200lm high)

·
Registered
66 Posts
TC, what brand are those LEDs? Are they direct bulb replacements?

I have one front light out on my 1999 and am thinking about upgrading both of them instead of going back with one stock bulb.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
TKQ.....sent PM

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
c19....PM sent

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
dorf.......PM sent

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey tc i would like the link as well. been dying to get better lighting. love the night ride

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
slam
PM sent

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Spaz......PM sent

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Caper...pm sent

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
You will have to buy the type to fit your bike....some come with adapters .....PM sent

1 - 20 of 50 Posts