1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here already posted i believe in wrong section
2023 750axi king quad no power assist in steering fuses good no light in dash
Dealer 150 mile away and a month out
The dealer is worth the trip but if i can help out and or fix it that would be great
Any info on diagnostics procedures would be helpful

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
New here already posted i believe in wrong section
2023 750axi king quad no power assist in steering fuses good no light in dash
Dealer 150 mile away and a month out
The dealer is worth the trip but if i can help out and or fix it that would be great
Any info on diagnostics procedures would be helpful
Welcome to the forum. People misunderstand the power steering on these models. It’s a problem with perception and expectation. The power steering is designed to compensate for a difference in caster angle between the PS and Non PS models. Everyone hops on them and has expectations of autonomous steering. It’s not.

Did you feel the power steering before and now you don’t , or was it this way out of the box?

A few people have reported that the power assist is very weak .
Maybe it’s working but you can’t even notice it.

Yes, this ^^^

I didnt even know the 2023's were already out.
Neither did I. Some manufactures are releasing 2022 models and calling them 2023’s. That’s how I ended up in a Can Am.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. People misunderstand the power steering on these models. It’s a problem with perception and expectation. The power steering is designed to compensate for a difference in caster angle between the PS and Non PS models. Everyone hops on them and has expectations of autonomous steering. It’s not.

Did you feel the power steering before and now you don’t , or was it this way out of the box?

Yes, this ^^^

Neither did I. Some manufactures are releasing 2022 models and calling them 2023’s. That’s how I ended up in a Can Am.
[/QUOTE
Purchased 2022 paper work says 2023 just figured i would post what paper work says (mistake)
Had a conversation with tech at dealer his opinion i have issue
One question I answered do i feel assist when idling motionless i feel no assist he feels this to be an issue
My complaint was bump steer that wasnt there at the beginning
I am hoping to find some literature on the subject to educate myself on how this system is supposed to function
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Purchased 2022 paper work says 2023 just figured i would post what paper work says
Sorry. Just to clarify, I wasn’t implying that you bought a 2022 and was just told it was a 2023. Manufacturers are sport on parts and behind on production. What they are doing is selling off what they have and can produce as a current, or next year production. I don’t doubt that the VIN and paperwork you have is for what they told you you were getting.

I have a feeling that some manufactures are being TOTALLY unscrupulous at times with their customers. Case in point is the 2021/2022 CF Moto machines. They are selling 2021 models VIN coded as 2022 models. The problem they have is that they already had a huge roll out that was televised wherein they debuted the 2022 Z Force 950 with a higher output engine, bead lock rims, upgraded suspension and “sport badging”. They then continued to produce the 2021 models and delivered them to dealers as 2022 models , which were devoid of the upgrades . People unknowingly left deposits on and subsequently paid for the 2021 models. They also paid a higher price and increase shipping for a model that was lacking some huge upgrades.

In your specific case with the King Quad, as long as your expectations meet what was delivered, you are fine. If there were no differences in the model years, you win. If there was a difference and you got the enhancements , you win even bigger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you
I am just looking for info on power steering issues.The pedigree was for identification.I will contact my dealer for diagnostic manual/software(if available) for future issues that may arise.
Enjoy the day

·
Registered
309 Posts
I dont know if you are having actual steering problems or not. But I will post my experiences with Suzuki power steering...

I test road power steering and non power steering at the dealer. The power steering on the 2021 models i test road had MUCH better steering at low speeds than the non power steering. I thought that it was worth the extra $1,000 paid and i still think it is. But it is still noticeably weaker than my friends Can Am's power steering.

So i kept my tires properly inflated to something like 8psi. Then i added a winch and the steering got noticeably weaker and i was kinda peeved about it. So i thought... well the added weight of the winch made a bigger tire contact patch on the ground. So to fix it i added a little more PSI to try and get the tire contact patch back to stock, and it worked. The factory tires are extremely thin and it dont take much to deflect the sidewalls or tread. So if you added weight or your tires are low it will effect the steering.

I recently replaced the thin factory tires with stock size 8 ply radials. The sidewalls on these tires are so stiff they are hard to mount. The tires i removed came off so easy you could pry them off with a flat head screwdriver. The new 8 ply i had to fight with tire spoons and all of my body weight and more. They did not mount easy.

And now with the new tires this ATV steers almost as well as a CanAm. There is so much less tire deflection and a smaller contact patch with the ground with the weight of the winch because they radials smoosh as easy. Radials are a drast improvment in steerability and thats what CanAm's come with from the factory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting
What brand replacement tire did you choose and are you still happy with them? I have always spun balanced my atv tires present and past it is surprising how out of balance they can be.
Thank you for the info

·
Registered
309 Posts
Interesting
What brand replacement tire did you choose and are you still happy with them? I have always spun balanced my atv tires present and past it is surprising how out of balance they can be.
Thank you for the info

I put 25" EBC Grim Reaper tires on it because i had them on my old Suzuki and i loved them. But this new set of Grim Reapers have a bad wobble/vibration to them at about 50mph that i am very disappointed in. I dumped 4oz of balancing beads in each tire and i dont think it helped much if at all. Which leads me to believe there was something wrong with the shape of a tire or more than one tire.

I absolutely love how these tires perform on dry dirt and mud the kinda do it all without being overly aggressive. But since the recent set i bought wont balance i dont know if i will ever buy them again. I am buying a second set of wheels to have tires i can chew up on pavement and be able to top the speedo out at 68mph and save the Grim Reapers for trail use.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hum…interesting about the potential of the VIN model year (MY) not matching the “sales” MY.

I have what I believe to be a 2016 Yamaha Grizzly 700. I bought it new the last day of 2015 and is was sold as a 2016 MY. 2016 was the first year of the short lived 708 cc engine and of a wider chassis, which my bike has. Plus it has the starter and oil burning issues the 708s have become known for. Never the less, my insurance man insists the VIV returns to a 2015 MY??

I’m think of getting a ‘22 or ‘23 KQ late this year. I’ll keep this in mind (although I realize it isn’t an aspect the OP brought up or has).

As to the PS, my 08 KQ didn’t have it (it had the “un-corrected” A-arms that would turn full lock at 40 mph if you hit a root, caster angle issue? fun times).

My 16 Grizzly does have PS. It is pretty low key and seems to only actuate while the bike is moving, I think that’s how the KQ works too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts