Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a kinquad 300 1992. It has clear lack of power. I looked at workshop manual but it can be really multiple things.

• it starts great
  • sound is not really good (like hesitating) when increasing ram

• difficult to get idle
  • coil is new
  • change CDI for used original one recently

Is someone as suggestions where to start?

·
Administrator
9,625 Posts
Most of those symptoms sounds carb related. I would thoroughly clean the carb or get it professionally cleaned. Then buy yourself a good high quality carb rebuild kit. I highly recommend Shindy kits unless you plan to get a shop to clean your carb. Then at that point you may as well get them to rebuild it as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I already cleaned the carburetor but never change pieces. I will probably simply change it because I had also some issue with crack in the casing of the carburetor. I welded it but possibly this plus other stuff never help to make it work correctly.
I will give feedback

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi
I finally took time to change the carburetor for a brand new OEM. For now no real result and it seems I have no gas coming to the carburetor. I dismantle the gas inlet for the full pump. I have gas coming from the petcock valve. I reattach the gas intel and detach the outlet. I crank the engine and I have no gas going out the fuel pump. I also crank the engine and look to the gas filter and I have no gas. I redo this entire exercise with a brand new pump with the same result.

If the pump is activated by the vacuum, is it possible I do not have vacuum? How to test it and if it is not the cause, what can cause this.

Thank you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
I finally took time to change the carburetor for a brand new OEM. For now no real result and it seems I have no gas coming to the carburetor. I dismantle the gas inlet for the full pump. I have gas coming from the petcock valve. I reattach the gas intel and detach the outlet. I crank the engine and I have no gas going out the fuel pump. I also crank the engine and look to the gas filter and I have no gas. I redo this entire exercise with a brand new pump with the same result.

If the pump is activated by the vacuum, is it possible I do not have vacuum? How to test it and if it is not the cause, what can cause this.

Thank you
I did some progress. I read on a other forum that sometime the pump can be weak when it is dry. I used a manual vacuum pump to force the gas in the tubes.

The engine is now starting good but has no power and does a lot of backfires. It seems it can be created by multiple causes

• Wrong ignition system
  • Carburetor improperly adjusted
  • Lean fuel mixture.

For wrong ignition it is probably related to faulty CDI module. For carburetor adjustment, I do not know exactly which carburetor adjustment is the cause here. Same for the lean fuel mixture, I suppose it is also related with the carburetor.

Thank you for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts