Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what the difference is between American and Canadian engines in late model KQ. American engines have a CR6E while Canadian engines have a different beast (can't remember the number now LAxxxx6E or something. I ask because I couldn't find my manual, looked up plug number online and purchased CR6E, but they are different than my canadian stock plugs.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Engines are the same from US plant.
My CAD 2019 750 takes a NGK LMAR7A-9 as per the owners this plug is very similar to the NGK CR6E, both are nickel and have a 30k longevity.. the 7A has heat range rating of 7 (cooler) while the 6E rating is 6 (hotter). Big difference is the price ..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zuuk. I get the price thing, cause Canadians always have to pay more as a rule (sob, sob, sob). But your comments got me digging deeper on the ratings and stuff. I pulled mine yesterday (2015 - KQ500) and they are LMAR5A-9 : today I finally found my manual, and it says Canada LMAR6A-9, so perhaps I got to pull the plugs again to make sure I've not mistaken the 6 for a 5. Reason I asked is because the LMAR6A-9 has a way longer reach: 26.5mm (1.04") than the CR6E (Reach:19mm (3/4")), reach being the threaded part. Still concerned about the physical size and wondering if the CR6E will protrude into the cylinder enough. Looking at specs and most are exact same. The biggest difference is LMAR6-9 has a projected electrode, while the CR6E has non-projected electrode (hence the length I guess). Cant bring them back, lost receipt, plus probably considered electrical. Of course nearest dealer is 300km away. Don't think I will chance the CR6Es.

So, back to original question but more specific, the engine difference of the 2 plugs. Emissions? Is the cylinder head different? Or is there really no difference? That reach issue bothers me. Being from same factory doesn't mean same head.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ah, I see. I got the impression from your post that your 2015 500 had CRE6, which your right , I don’t see that plug as stock replacement for your 2015 heads (lot of other Suzuki ATVs tho) but wanted to point out some differences not really looking at the dimensions.
Now you confirmed your stock plug is not CRE6, Absolutely, do not use it. stick with the stock.
You asked what the diff between engines from the factory between Canada and US .. whatever engine/head changes Suzuki makes we both get, no big differences as far as I can tell .usually are exactly the same, its the accessories that could be slightly diff ( I.e. odometer km vs mi, emissions).
Now what exactly those changes are year over year.. I could not tell you,I can tell you from a 2108 KQ 750 vs a 2019 KQ 750 pretty good😁

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out I am heading city this weekend, so I can pick some up. Maybe one of the heads are cheaper to make, and still good enough for emission laws (most stuff only causes cancer in California anyway). 750 is the way to go....next one I guess lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
Perfect! yeah the 750 is nice but the 500 ain’t no slouch either👍🏼

1 - 6 of 6 Posts