Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member with a simple question, what item or items do you normally keep in the KQ's waterproof storage box on the right front fender? Also is it truly waterproof, providing there is no damage to the seal ring?

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
168 Posts
Let's see, I have a lot of extra storage on my rig (front and back rack storage and a good size side fender bag) so I'm not really hurting for space. I keep a tire plug kit in the back storage under the tail light. In the front fender box I have my off road registration, the flip switch diagnostic connector you can plug in for service codes and resets, and an extra pair of gloves. I haven't had my machine submerged at all, but it's been pretty wet up top on occasion and I have not noticed it leaking at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wallet, cell phone, truck keys, maps, no condom but I can see how having a King Quad could get someone lucky.
The only time I have seen water inside is after a trip to the car wash.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had a Vinson with the same compartment and a few times it got wet inside. I am not sure how but there was a small drain plug in the bottom that may have popped out allowing water in.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
New member with a simple question, what item or items do you normally keep in the KQ's waterproof storage box on the right front fender? Also is it truly waterproof, providing there is no damage to the seal ring?
I think a lot depends on the person, where they ride, what they carry with them and their comfort level with items.

When my son and I rode together, I kept a spare key for his machine in my dry box, a spare key for my machine in his dry box, we both kept keys for the truck , his cell phone, he stored his wallet in his, we both kept copies of our registrations, insurance cards and if the trail had a map, that went in also.

Me personally, I never felt comfortable keeping my phone , or a compass in there. I am Not fond of subjecting either to the shock and vibration. My wallet always stays on me. Everyone else I ride with puts theirs in the dry box, or rear cargo box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts