Suzuki ATV Forum banner

Kq 400

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  claycope 
#1 ·
I am looking at an 09 KQ 400 with 700 miles on it. Is it a good workhorse? Any opinions on it? Also, what is a good price for it?

#2 ·
Anybody ever had one or ridden one? Is it as good of quality as the other suzukis? That may be a dumb question but it doesn't seem like there are very many out there. Is 4200 good price?

#3 ·
Is tht SRA and EFI? Also is it a CVT or FS model?

#4 ·
It's FS and I am not sure if it's injected. I thought Suzuki had it in 09 but it should say fsi if it's injected. Also is this liquid cooled?

#5 · (Edited)
It looks like either air/SACS (suzuki advanced cooling system) (for 2016/ 2015) or as seen on another forum air/oil cooled. I beleive they were carbed until '10 or '11 (also as seen on another forum). Got any pics? What else does it come with or is it stock?

#6 ·
#7 ·
Looks real nice and clean, and idk on the lack of FI, it was probably a cost thing.

#8 ·
I really liked it until I realized that it is carbureted. Are these good carb systems? I have only had experience with the old suzukis. (Bad). :(

#9 ·
Idk but if thats all ur worried about i wouldnt be concerned

#10 ·
Using non ethanol fuel or at least treating your fuel will go a long way in keeping your carb trouble free. Most problems come from the fuel sitting in the carb and going bad and gumming it up. If you treat the fuel and at the end of your ride shut the fuel off and let the bike run dry, you will avoid a majority of carb issues.

#11 ·
I would rather have fuel injection though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.