Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a kingquad 500 love it. But what is the faster or better built bike the king 500 or the single cylinder more basic than a typical can am the can am 450. I've read the 450 is pretty decent I think the kingquad was better built all around. But I always wondered how they stack up both 38hp power steering same weight etc. Just curious for unbiased opinions.

·
Administrator
9,802 Posts
Suzuki is known to be better in terms of build quality and dependability. If you do a online search you’ll see it falls in the same category as Yamaha and Honda is that department.

I don’t have much experience with Can-Am. Only that I’ve driven my buddy’s Outlander Max XT-P 1000. Which of course is a v-twin beast with plenty of power. Though I find the CVT on the Suzuki way smoother and quicker than the Can-Am.

As far as top end speed between the 500 KQ and the Can-Am 450. That I’m not sure which is faster. But for me, build quality and dependability are more important then top end speed.

I’ve got a 2000 Suzuki KQ 300 which I bought new in ‘99. Just to show Suzukis build quality/dependability. My 300 has around 14,720 kilometres and still going strong. Never touched the engine whatsoever except for general maintenance like oil changes and spark plugs. In the end, it mainly comes down to what’s more important to you. Speed or build quality/dependability.

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
I own a kingquad 500 love it. But what is the faster or better built bike the king 500 or the single cylinder more basic than a typical can am the can am 450. I've read the 450 is pretty decent I think the kingquad was better built all around. But I always wondered how they stack up both 38hp power steering same weight etc. Just curious for unbiased opinions.
Coming from a guy that has owned both, Suzukis and a Can Am, I can honestly say that I would feel better owning the King Quad 500.

If you want faster, go with the KQ 750. That way you will have better build quality than the Can Am, better ride quality and far better build quality.

Nothing comes close to the power and acceleration of my Can Am Maverick X3 Turbo R. 172hp stock with a ton of power left to be tuned in makes it an awesome machine. Just incredibly fast. What Can Am forgot to include is reliability and overall build quality. It just is not a Suzuki. Simple things like fastener grade quality, structural integrity reinforcements and over engineering in stress areas are not up to par with Suzuki.

Mine is a 2018, so it is a pre pandemic machine. In ten years or so the world will be talking about build quality of “pandemic era” goods. I work in manufacturing and I can tell you without any doubt, build quality is down in manufactured goods. Everything from raw materials to finished consumer products. I see it every day. That is why it’s important to buy quality goods during these difficult times.

My X3 will out perform any stock machine on the trail. The X3 is just the high maintenance , really hot girl you dated that wants to go to the opera, ballet , five star restaurant and a concert every weekend. Sometimes you just want McDonalds , a beer and a movie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts