Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to the group, but I am not new to Suzuki’s. I have owned multiple z400s an eiger, I now have a 14 750 king quad and a 700 king quad.
My issue lies with my 14. I bought it used, cane with a plow. The front end sits about 1” lower than my 07 and the 07 has smaller tires. I just put a new upper control arm on left side and new shocks, thinking they were worn because of the plow. The a arm looks to be extended about 1”. I got it back together and top of the tire sticks in. I see why the upper a arm was extended. Measuring the lower a arm n comparing to the right side and the 700 none of the measurements are close. Thinking I need to get new oem lower arm to correct. But I don’t have any clue why the lower arm would b so much different. Seems like the back sits so much higher than the front. When I put a level across the front rack it has to go up 2-1/2 inches to be level (the 07 is only 1-1/2 inches”) any help would b appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that a weld job? Maybe a crash?
I think it was wrecked. I saw the weld job that’s why I got a new oem a arm. Here to find out it looks like it has been extended about 1inch. Which would b about right to make the wheel not lean in at top like it is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would put that bike on jack stands, remove the wheels and start taking measurements up down and from all angles to find just how bad it's FUBAR'd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would put that bike on jack stands, remove the wheels and start taking measurements up down and from all angles to find just how bad it's FUBAR'd.
I have, don’t see any kinks in frame, frame all seems ok. Only differences I can find is in the lower arm. Every way I measure it is about 1” longer than the other side and my 07. Almost like the lower arm is off a different bike. But looking at oem part numbers there are sane 07-18 ish but 06 down is different part number

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here is my tool to align the front end once you get them equal. The wood stock must match and be perfect straight and square. alignment 001 (Medium).jpg You lash them to the front tire/wheel with bunji and make them same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So an update. I swapped arms between the 750 and the 700. The 700 had the lean and the 750 was straight. So pretty sure issue is in the lower control arm. Got one ordered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts