Suzuki ATV Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It works on the 500's and 750's. The plastic is already molded to accommodate the pull stater, no mod necessary.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive put 3200 miles on my 13 kq. Ive put 2
7in light bars. Viper winch. 26in tires. Lift kit. Snorkels. And originally a uni filter. I dont recommend. Caused my atv to suck in dirt and had to relap vlvs and threw in new cp piston while i was in there. Got a twin air. Worth the money in gold it actually seals the top of air box. Alot quieter and your bike wont suck dirt in. If you live where theres snow and play in it plan on buying axle boots or get aftermarket a arm gaurds in rear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mudlite ITP are the best tires I’ve ever used. There maybe better ones on the market though. Can get by fine with rear only or go all out and get fronts too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive got a K&N plus pre filter on mine. So far so good. Im running the super swamper vampires. Love those. Ive got the ITP mud lites on my king quad 300. Good traction but they seem a bit soft. Not sure how many miles ill get out of them

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I just pulled the trigger on the Bighorn 2.0's in stock sizing. I'll report back with pictures and my impression.

Also, I decided to add another King Quad to my collection for my better half and should be taking delivery of a 500 SE this week. Once I get it set up I'll post pic of any mods I do differently than the 750 in the beginning of this thread.

Does anyone have experience with plastic skid plates/a-arm guards? I saw a brand called Iron Baltic. I'm curious about the weight difference vs aluminum.

·
Registered
516 Posts
nice! And congrats on the new 500.
Iron Baltic is a very popular pkg. HDPE or LDPE is better over aluminum imo. they are usually lighter but also slide over rock better , don’t corrode and have much better self healing properties over aluminium. For the terrain I ride I upgraded the HDPE type OEM a-arm guards with aluminum ( got the set real cheap). Although the stock a-arm guards are tough and drain well they do very little to protect the a-arm frame and surrounding vital components (e.g. cv boots, axles, etc.) . I’m actually impressed with the rest of the HDPE type OEM under belly skids, I‘ve hit and slide of some nice rocks on them and they have held up very well and self heal well. The are holding nice at 2600kms (1600mi). I also really like that they drain well and are very easy to remove for any maintenance. My 4mm aluminum after market a-arm guards also took some hits and are holding up well but I had to reshape 1 (no self healing).
The biggest draw back I see from any aftermarket skids HDPE,LDPE or aluminum is that they do not drain as well as the OEM , and cannot be removed as easy as OEM.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts