Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The speedometer display on my KQ700 is out. This part is discontinued from Suzuki and every vendor I go to says they don't have any. Does anyone know where I can get one? It can be used... I don't care as long as it works.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just checked eBay and the only one I found had a hazy plastic cover...comment was "hard to read" ...best to wait for another... parts for these older KQ show up all the time... are you sure its the display or maybe a lousy connection...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Display is blacking out. You can see part of it but it is slowly dying. Does anyone know if the ones from the 2008-09 750 will work?

·
Registered
190 Posts
before you buy another take the electrical connections apart and clean them, blow em out and put em back together with dielectric grease...sounds like an electrical issue to me... especially of its gotten wet in there... or... borrow a good one and try it to make sure its the display not a connection..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wonder what happened to all those KQ700 parts that were in inventory??

I restored a Yamaha 74 DT250 once, found a Yamaha dealer back east that bought all of Yamaha’s inventory for that bike...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't know if it's applicable to your KQ but I just fixed a blank radio display and odometer in my 2000 F150 by re-soldering connections on their electronic boards. Worked like a charm and saved me big bucks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wonder what happened to all those KQ700 parts that were in inventory??

I restored a Yamaha 74 DT250 once, found a Yamaha dealer back east that bought all of Yamaha’s inventory for that bike...
Yeah there is someone out there that has new old stock inventory somewhere. I came across a guy last year I believe it was in Iowa that was a old Johnson/ Evinrude dealer that had new old stock when I needed some parts for a 1985 Evinrude 6hp outboard.

Tony

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the same on a windshield for my '05 KQ 700.

Guy had it on Ebay at 75 OBO, . . . I offered 40 and free shipping.

He sold it to me, . . . brackets, and everything.

Also an FYI note saying that he probably paid more for it when he first bought it than I was giving him.

It's a nice windshield I think.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have searched high and low and can't find anything. I keep checking ebay and a couple of used atv parts places but come up blank everytime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't get time to pull it off and see if I could find an issue last night. But I did get a couple of kinks worked out of it from sitting up for nearly a year. I will try and look at the display this weekend and report back.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Its usually the simple things that cause problems... its funny but the cheap and simple solution is usually right so... before you jump into the complex, less likely, expensive repairs exhaust all the easy ones :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK - I wanted to follow up on this. I was told by several "parts houses" that it was discontinued and that I had to find one used on ebay or some other place. Searched for my particular part number and came up dead everywhere I looked. So I decided that I would buy a used 1 that came off of a 2010 400 KQ. It looked the same as the one for my 2007 700 KQ but I figured if nothing else I could pull the lcd out of that one and put in mine and maybe that would fix my problem. Well..... when it came in i looked it over really well and everything on it was exactly like the one that came off my 700. So i just plugged it in and turned it on and EVERYTHING worked!

Long story short. Many displays from different years and models are the same regardless of part number.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts