Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if I am on the right forum, but here goes. Can you hear the fuel pump running on the 2007 King Quad 700 when you turn the key on. Also, can you remove the fuel line to check fuel flow without removing the rear fender. This is a fuel injected model.

·
Super Moderator
8,354 Posts
First off, welcome to the Forum. As for the fuel pump, you should be able to hear the pump cycling when you turn the key on. I believe all fuel injected models are this way. As for access to the fuel pump. I’m not sure if you have to remove a panel to gain access to it or not. If you do gain access to the pump, pull the fuel line exiting the pump. Now grab some sort of container to catch any possible fuel, turn the key on and watch to see if any fuel flows out the pump. If not, then the pump is properly shot. The fuel system should also have a fuse and or a relay. Check the fuse and the relay first before pulling the fuel line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have checked the relay and is ok. I also have 12v from the relay to fuel pump for 3 seconds than drops out. Comes back on when the start button is pushed. Can never hear the fuel pump come on. Have put 12v on the pump wire with key off and still nothing. Think the pump is dead. Want to make sure before buying a new one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have checked the relay and is ok. I also have 12v from the relay to fuel pump for 3 seconds than drops out. Comes back on when the start button is pushed. Can never hear the fuel pump come on. Have put 12v on the pump wire with key off and still nothing. Think the pump is dead. Want to make sure before buying a new one.
I am now trying to remove the fuel line from the injector, does this require a special tool?

·
Super Moderator
8,354 Posts
You shouldn’t unless there’s a unique hose clamp holding the fuel line on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts