Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I’m new here, I currently brought back to life a king quad 300 that had been in a barn for a long time. I cleaned the carburetor and rebuilt it with a all balls carburetor kit. I also gutted the old petcock and blacked off the vacuum line on top of the carb. Tank was flushed and fresh gas and spark plug were installed. So the machine runs absolutely flawless once driven for about 5 minutes I mean it’s like as responsive and idles as good as it gets! But when the machine sits overnight it requires throttle to start it and keep it running. It’s starting to become very frustrating for me, I have adjusted my air/fuel screw but I’m not sure if it’s where it’s supposed to be and I have replaced the fuel pump under the fender. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated, I haven’t done a valve adjustment and I’m thinking about getting a motion pro tool to adjust the air/fuel screw while it’s running. Thanks guys

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
Hard cold starts are often attributed to out of spec valves. A good sign of that is having to give some throttle upon starting your bike. Buy yourself a good set of feeler gauges and check the valve clearances to see if there still within spec. And welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard cold starts are often attributed to out of spec valves. A good sign of that is having to give some throttle upon starting your bike. Buy yourself a good set of feeler gauges and check the valve clearances to see if there still within spec. And welcome to the Forum.
Ok I’ll give that a swing next.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the your help. I adjusted valves and machine starts amazing cold now and choke actually has a effect on the idle speed unlike it did before with a crazy tight intake valve.

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
Awesome. Glad to hear adjusting the valves did the trick. Happy trails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts