Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let's start out by pretending that I don't know the first thing about this 95 King Quad I just bought (because I don't - lol)

I've run into a problem where it will run fine one time and I'll be having a bang up time and then when i go to fire her up again, she spits and sputters and has no power to move. If I turn it off and back on and start again, sometimes it will take off fine and other times I have to do this several times to get going. (I know... weird, or at least to me it is). I know that at some point someone fabricobbled a Yamaha ignition switch onto it but not sure if that could be the issue or not.

Anyone got any advice on where to start checking? There really isn't anyone in my area that I know of that I would trust to be straight with me on this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1998 KQ 300
21 Posts
I would check and see if it is any different when you have the ignition on run vs run+headlights. I just had a similar issue (sputtered on regular run, ran fine with the headlights on) and it ended up being the rectifier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would check and see if it is any different when you have the ignition on run vs run+headlights. I just had a similar issue (sputtered on regular run, ran fine with the headlights on) and it ended up being the rectifier.
Thanks. I'll give that a try. I'm looking forward to getting to know and enjoy this little quad... already salivating to make modifications and add goodie. lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
You can start by downloading a free service manual from links that are owned by the same company here, a simple Google search for honda service manual will bring up a bank of free manuals, from atv's to bikes and even some car service manuals...
Maybe search honda forman . Com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And yes I know I said honda service manual
I've already ordered a Clymer service manual because I don't do so good with the online manuals since I'm normally working on things where I don't have access to a computer. but will look for the download anyway and have it on the computer.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts