Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’ve been on the forums for a while, tracking down and posts and such since February or so trying to get this 92 king quad running right. The darn thing will idle with some choke, but won’t idle long without it and won’t rev up. It’ll just die or stay sputtering at a slightly higher rpm. I’m pretty good with engines, but mostly truck and car engines when it goes into deep builds. Small engines I’ve just done bolt on stuff, nothing deep. I’ve replaced the fuel pump, fuel petcock, and the carburetor on this thing, and it’s doing the same thing. I thought it was possibly the vacuum activated slide in the carb, so that’s why I replaced it. Still nothing. It does run slightly better with the new parts, but it ’still far from driving and I’m lost. Whats the chance it May have jumped time? Are these chain or gear driven? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I used to be a Honda guy, but after seeing what the king quad 300 can do with its low center of gravity, I swapped over.

·
Registered
174 Posts
To answer part of your question they have an overhead cam with a timing chain. They are not gear driven.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Check compression
Check valve setting
Check voltage at the battery while running at idle and revved up a bit... ( with all lights off )
Do you have the entire intake system in place...even the filter? ( They are real finicky without it) check for vacuum leaks

Was the new carb a factory or aftermarket?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts