Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone help me to identify my ATV. I can read out the year but not the exakt model.

My VIN is JSAAK42A732103431

/Marco

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
All Vin# are 17 digits long. Typically the tenth digit within your Vin# will tell you the model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No like ajl719 says, it's always 17 characters in a VIN-number (look at the sticky post with information on VIN-numbers).

/Marco

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Is there no decals on the body panels that say what it is..? Like Eiger, or Ozark, or something along those lines..? From the Vin you provided, I was only able to get certain information.

Vin#: JSAAK42A732103431
Make: Suzuki
Model: ?
Year: 2003
Engine 250-399cc
Drive Type: ?

You mostly have a Ozark or Eiger as those are the only two models with those size engines based upon your Vin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there no decals on the body panels that say what it is..? Like Eiger, or Ozark, or something along those lines..? From the Vin you provided, I was only able to get certain information.

Vin#: JSAAK42A732103431
Make: Suzuki
Model: ?
Year: 2003
Engine 250-399cc
Drive Type: ?

You mostly have a Ozark or Eiger as those are the only two models with those size engines based upon your Vin.

I got exactly the same, I will have a look again. What is the difference between Ozark and Eigar?

/Marco

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
An Ozark is a different model from the Eiger. The Ozark is also a 250 whereas the Eiger is a 400 based on my research. Another way to tell for sure is by looking on the bottom of the jug. The engine size is stamped there a will read something along the lines as 380cm3 etc. Which indicates the engine size. You could also post up a picture of your quad and one of us should be able to determine what it is.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Yeah, that looks like a King Quad 300. Also looks pretty beat up for a 2003. Possibly a hard life.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
That body style is not any newer than a 1997 at best.....looks like an older model than that.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
That body style is not any newer than a 1997 at best.....looks like an older model than that.
That’s kind of what I was thinking too. Maybe a recheck of the Vin# is on order.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is an older LT4wd 250cc 1989-1994, they were orange. The 300 king quads were Blue in color for those years. The plastics were interchangeable or someone may have painted it. Hard to tell in the pic. That body style ran from 1987-1997. ‘87-88 had small racks. You need to double check the VIN again. Someone may have welded on a new vin plate. ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The king quads had a small oil cooler behind the front bumper and a small red light on the dash by the key switch. If you don’t have those it’s an LT4wd 250.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
It has 5 lugs on the back wheels, so it is a KQ.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My friends has a 250cc and it's way smaller then mine. The plastic is not orange it's red and i got the oil cooler. The vin i found isn't on a plate its, stamped in to the frame, it's on the left side way back.

Here's a picture of my dashboard..

/Marco

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking at your dash, I’m wondering if it isn’t from a different country, your speedo is in kilometers. The US models had both Miles/ kilo. I have never seen a dash like that before with a high beam light. I’ve only seen an oil temp light on the 300 king quads or some machines were upgraded and a cooling fan kit and then a fan light was added. US kingquads were Blue, Beige, and in 2002 they had red plastic but they looked different than your machine. Completely different plastic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts