Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a King 300 with low miles. The quad shows 275 miles, but bottom trip meter has 333. So, did someone screw with it, or can this be done by not properly resetting the trip meter? How does the trip meter work? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
I found a King 300 with low miles. The quad shows 275 miles, but bottom trip meter has 333. So, did someone screw with it, or can this be done by not properly resetting the trip meter? How does the trip meter work? Thanks.
Post a few clear pictures of the mileages displayed of the trip and total mileage readings. Maybe we can figure it out with you.

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Only thing that should becresettable is the trip meter. It uses a small turn style knob on the lefthand side of the speedometer. In theory the trip meter should be the only thing resettable. But there have been a few people over the years who have claimed to find these vintage atvs with low low miles but the age of the atv doesn’t add up. Because these atv’s imploy the old style mechanical odometers, it should relatively tamper resistant, but not fool proof. If someone really wanted to make it look like their vintage 300 only had 250 miles, they most certainly could. And I’m sure it’s been done. The old mechanical odometers aren’t completely tamper resistant unlike the newer digital ones. Even then, I’m sure someone could probably tamper with that as well if they had the skill set. Though it probably be much harder seeing the mileage is most likely stored within the computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts