Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fighting a high idle issue with my '95 KQ 300 since I got it. I cleaned and rebuilt the carb (among a whole bunch of other fixes) and it runs and shifts really well. But I haven't been able to get the idle right and have looked at everything.

We got our first big snow yesterday and I was plowing the driveway last night. Once the motor was warmed up, the high idle problem kicked in. I got a screwdriver and was adjusting the idle speed down. If you've messed with the idle speed screw you know it's not all that easy to get at and the screwdriver kept slipping off. It was getting dark, it was still snowing a little and I had gloves on.

So I pulled the seat off to get a little more light on what I was doing and ... the idle settled down and smoothed out instantly.

After a little looking around I noticed that the carb vent lines were routed near the seat latch hooks. I put the seat back on and in about 30 seconds, the idle spooled way up. Took the seat back off and re-routed the vent lines. Put the seat back on and finished plowing.

It idles perfectly now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Yep, those vent lines can be frustrating. Glad you got it figured out.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top