Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey all. New to the suzukiatvforums . Want to catch up fast before I make my first purchase. Thinking about a used 2007 Suzuki Eiger™ 400 4X4 Automatic. Any suggestions, or reasons.

I bought my 04 Eiger 4x4 with manual shift new in Nov. 03. So far, all I've done is 'worked' the daylights out of it on the farm dragging, and of course the kids have rode it some also when their 300EX needs repairs. No problems of any kind with the Eiger so far, but I'm really not surprised as my 1985 LT-250EF is still original and ran great until last week. It's nothing major though, just the fuel pump diaphragm finaly rotted after 24 years of farm use and is allowing the engine to suck raw gas through the vacuum line. After ' forcing it ' to drag cedar out of the hills for years and not letting me down, I decided I'd just stick with Suzuki when I picked out the Eiger. My dad used his 300 4x4 Honda he bought new in 95 to drag cedar also, but he destroyed his and junked it in 04 even though mine had survived ten years already doing the same thing before he bought his in 95. I mounted four sections of a dozer spocket between my front frame to hold it down during wide open 3/4 mile drags in first gear with the logs choked behind being forced to pull 'em. It's been very good, and treated very badly. I retired it from hard work with the Eiger and the Eiger done the job with much less torture, but I only used the Eiger for dragging logs the first year and stopped cutting and sold my truck,loader and trailer. In that first year of it's life, any defects woulda shown up during that period. I use the Eiger for pulling a 550 pound bush hog with a stump jumper on the steep hills here where tractor owners won't touch. They say the last guy on a tractor lost his life trying the hillside and that I'm a fool to try it on the Suzuki. So far, the Eiger has lasted 4 seasons of bush hogging on very steep hillsides without any problems. I stand on one foot-peg in low-range 2'nd and go at it for three 8-9 hour days until it's done .. and take a day off to rest up afterwards as it takes alot out of me in those three days on one peg in order to keep it on all 4's :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got suzuki eiger 400 in 05 4x4 manual and i love it its snorkeled out an everything i wish sometimes mine was an automatic cuz the transmission likes to lock up but other than that they are great buggies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts