Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I recently picked up a 2005 auto vinson and after some tlc, took it out this past weekend riding. When I started off in hi gear things were going great, then all of a sudden it started making a grinding noise and would not go back into gear. Along with this, I have the issue that once in low or reverse , i cant shift back into neutral until i turn the machine back off and restart it. I dont have a whole lot of history on the machine but do know it did have the starter kickback which took out the sleeves for the pins . any help would be great thanks

also forgot to mention that the speedo only works once in a while but havent looked into this yet as I would like to make sure high gear doesnt put me out of budget on this thing

·
Registered
211 Posts
I suspect the idle is too high.. should be 1400rpm.. if it's too fast the wet clutch engages even in neutral.. when you go to shift into gear the gears grind horribly...
Shut it off.. put it in h range then restart on gear by holding the rear brake handle engaged...if its idling too high the bike will start to move when you release the brake handle
also the shifter can be finicky
. Rock back and forth on the seat to move the wheels a bit when it won't go into gear. Don't force it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts