Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had the KQ750 out today for the first time in 1.5 months. During the time off I had the clutch cover off to clean and install the 1.7mm shim and ran snorkels and dielectric grease everything. Anyway while riding I went in and out of 4wd like normal and I noticed that when I was in 4wd only and turned to the right, in the front right I heard a light clicking noise. Like something was rubbing. I got off and everything looked and drives like normal. I rode for another few hours and it drove great just heard that light clicking noise when I was in 4wd and turned slightly right. Checked a few times and all looked good. So is this an axle starting to go bad perhaps? The boots looked perfect. Is there anything I should do w it or keep going until it gets worse, if it does, then swap the axle? Thoughts here or anybody have this before?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
The clicking while turning usually indicated a cv joint is on it’s way out. I suspect it’s that and will get worse over time if this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks that's kinda what I thought. It only does it in 4wd and when it's turned right only. I'm guessing it'll get worse over time? How long should it be useable u think?

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
Couldn’t give you a definitive timeline how long it’ll last. Just keep an eye on it. If it start clicking more or louder I’d get it fixed as soon as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts