Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery has been charged
a visitor knew to jump it tween the 2 circled nuts a few times BUT now it wont even jump

When ya hit the start button just a clicking noise happens

Are we out a relay or starter or what?

thanx

ole John

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
First what model is your quad it will help people help you.

I had a similar problem last fall. Trying to start it just made a clicking noise. I thought my starter relay went out. Everything tested ok. So i pulled my starter and it bench tested fine as well. But under load it crapped out and just clicked. I tore it apart and the brushes were worn out.

Factory starters are not cheap. I looked up rebuild kits and they were only a few dollars cheaper than aftermarket starters. After shipping i paid $31 and change for a new aftermarket starter. Thats for a kingquad300 / quadrunner250 starter.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Most problems starting a king quads can be traced to crappy connections.. they get loose or corroded.. clean em and tighten them with some dielectric grease to keep moisture away..
Check them all..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most problems starting a king quads can be traced to crappy connections.. they get loose or corroded.. clean em and tighten them with some dielectric grease to keep moisture away..
Check them all..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Ok
so is there a svc manual available to show me tear down procedures?..and its 25 yr old NOT 15..lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,305 Posts
If your looking for a service manual, check out a site called Tradebit. They have various style PDF manuals at very reasonable price. Around $10 to $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts