Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the whole forum thing as well as the ATV scene. Needed something to bang around on a block of land I live on on the west coast of the South Island of New Zealand as well as go exploring places.
Want to use my newly acquired I think 2004 battered and bruised KQ 300 to do this.
Classic meant to say nz but it auto corrected to no sow now I鈥檓 no Frank 馃槀

Super Moderator
2020 KingQuad 750
Welcome! Glad you joined. I still find it amazing, after all these years, that we can still talk to people on opposite sides of the world from each other in split second time. Battered and Bruised seems to be the MO for most of these 4 wheelers.

Administrator
Welcome to the Forum, glad to have you aboard. Battered and bruised, those old 300鈥檚 are tough as nails. I still have my 鈥00 KQ 300 despite buying a new 2019 750 SE+ (Bronze) back in early 2020. People ask me why I don鈥檛 sell the 300. Mainly because it was my very first atv. And it鈥檚 been so reliable that I can鈥檛 find it within myself to part ways with it. Plus it鈥檚 still a blast to drive.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! Glad you joined. I still find it amazing, after all these years, that we can still talk to people on opposite sides of the world from each other in split second time. Battered and Bruised seems to be the MO for most of these 4 wheelers.
Ha ha. Cheers for the welcome. I think my poor beast would get a prize for most neglected. I think it needs a complete strip down and tidy up. If I knew how to post photos on here I鈥檓 sure you鈥檇 look at the pictures and send condolences.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah amazing how we can send information around the planet in split seconds too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Forum, glad to have you aboard. Battered and bruised, those old 300鈥檚 are tough as nails. I still have my 鈥00 KQ 300 despite buying a new 2019 750 SE+ (Bronze) back in early 2020. People ask me why I don鈥檛 sell the 300. Mainly because it was my very first atv. And it鈥檚 been so reliable that I can鈥檛 find it within myself to part ways with it. Plus it鈥檚 still a blast to drive.
This one of mine was left on a trailer outside on the side of the road for about 5 years. I think it was originally bought by a dairy farm for fetching cows in so it would have been thrashed plus cow dung and our corrosive climate have worked hard at devouring any steel on it. When I got it the guy said I鈥檝e changed the diff oil and I think it needs a carb kit. He must have had a short attention span or just been so happy it was finally leaving his front yard. I took it home and fitted a battery to it to see if it would at least start. Well it fired up and I rode it around for a bit to try clear out the oil smoke from the exhaust. Everything works except the speedo. The smoking on start up hasn鈥檛 stopped so I鈥檓 figuring it needs head off to maybe reseat the valves and give it a new set of valve stem seals

Administrator
Does the smoking go away once it warms up, or is it constant..?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It goes away once it鈥檚 warmed up. The engine oil was a weird brownish colour so that might also have contributed to the smoking but I鈥檓 pretty sure the valve stem seals will be stuffed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts