Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm John a Full time cop and part time firefighter.

I was just given a Suzuki Quad and looking for a place to find info on it.

Here is the beast

Don't know a lot about it other than 4x4 and likely a 350-400cc motor.

Can someone point me to a VIN decoder for Suzuki?

I've been an avid Honda rider in 2, 3, & 4 wheel versions.

Looks like i just added another project to the table!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a VIN decoder.

Looks like its a 1998 LTF4-WDX

Most of what I'm finding is 300cc, Is that correct?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yes.....in reality I believe it is actually 280cc King Quad (KQ if it has 5 lugs on the back wheels and 4 lugs on the front)( if it has 4 on front and back it is a quad runner 250. I was thinking they did not make King quads in 1998, the part suppliers do not show a KQ that year.

I have 3 and will not part with them....They are tanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
I was thinking they did not make King quads in 1998, the part suppliers do not show a KQ that year.
They actually do TC. My brother in law actually has a ‘98 KQ 300. And Mr. Cycles lists them as a (LT-F4WDX) when I looked it up. As of right now, I’m still holding on to my 300. I’m having a hard time parting ways with it since I bought my 750. Like you, I know they are bullet proof. I’m actually leaning towards keeping it. I have it parked at my buddy’s who lives in another town. Might just leave it there and use it whenever I go over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Based on the information you've provided, it looks like you have a 1998 Suzuki King Quad, called a 300, which has a 280 cc engine, a three speed sub transmission and a five speed manual transmission with a wet clutch (e.g. no had clutch on the left side needed, that's a rear brake). It should also have fan in front of the engine with an oil cooler. The QuadRunner was a very similar Suzuki offering of the era that has a 246 cc engine, called a 250 which did not have the oil cooler, the front fender flares and it had four lugs for the rear wheels vs. the five the King Quad has.

I think your bike might still being wearing the original tires? If so, it must be a low mileage unit. The seat looks like it has a bit of damage to the cover. You can get a new seat cover on eBay or Amazon for about $30-40 and they aren't too bad to replace. I put my new cover right over the old one and it wasn't too bad.

As the others have said, these thing are tanks, I call my QR a miniature tractor, because with the super low range and locking front differential, it is.

You've come to the right place to get some information on these bikes. Enjoy getting to know your new tool.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Keep it Aj.....you can not believe how many people I meet when I am hauling it on a trailer that say " I had one of those and wish I still had it"

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
AJ ....look at the link below.....they call it a Quadrunner......might be a misprint.....that's what I was going by.

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Humm, that’s bizarre. Cause my brother in-law’s 300 clearly says King Quad on the side of it. And he claims it’s a ‘98. Might have to take a peak at his Vin# just to make sure of that. Here’s the link from Mr. Cycles:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I got a feeling Partzilla may be a misprint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts