Suzuki ATV Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
No bullet connector - just tapped into it...worked pretty easy.
Good luck.
I Just put heat demons on. I had couldnt use the orange accessory wire in the pod since it was being used for winch controller on handlebars. Only option i found was splicing into the orange wire on the 12volt accessory outlet by the key. Ground wire was long enough to reach ground on battery. Would of been to easy if they had plug and play setups from the factory. Good thing is the heat demons work great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got my heat demons installed and they seem to work great. I ended up putting spray foam insulation in my handle bars and the grips heat up much faster than my buddy's with no insulation. I used the hot wire under my light pod that didnt have a light in 2018 and extended my ground wire to the battery. I got the clamp on style grips and they seem pretty solid but are a little shorter than my factory grips. Thanks for all the useful info on this site!

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
I got my heat demons installed and they seem to work great. I ended up putting spray foam insulation in my handle bars and the grips heat up much faster than my buddy's with no insulation. I used the hot wire under my light pod that didnt have a light in 2018 and extended my ground wire to the battery. I got the clamp on style grips and they seem pretty solid but are a little shorter than my factory grips. Thanks for all the useful info on this site!
The spray insulation may be blocking some of the convection cooling that would normally take place with the movement of air. I am just concerned that this increase in efficiency might cause more heat than the grip can tolerate and cause premature failure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We've done it for years on our sleds and never had problems. I actually forgot about it til another buddy of mine reminded me. I run my grips on setting 3 most of the time. I'm riding to my son's house today and it's 8° right now so we'll see how they do on a fairly long and fast ride. I'll keep you posted if I have any problems with mine.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts