Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one, just received some Tusk heated grips for my 2020 King quad 750. where is an easy place to wire these up? I can wire it up to the battery but then I have to make sure to turn it off every time the machine is off or it will drain my battery. I had these on my old polaris and they worked great.
Thx for any help.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I had a look at a manual for the Tusk heated grips and it hooks up to an accessory wire, there is one under the center light pod or you can use the one going to the 12v accessory port on the side. Either way it will kill power to them when the key is off.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
To me, heated grips are a game changer. I have had them for a while and appreciate them. A heated seat also helps. It’s an easy install with an air powered stapler. I have done them on all my machines . I just wish I could find an element that stands up and doesn’t start loosing heated area.

·
Registered
2019 King Quad 500 Colorado Matte Bronze, 26” Zillas on Traxion wheels, a bunch of other odds stuff.
4 Posts
I just installed a set of Koso grips on my 500. Ended up just adding a switch on the cover that goes over the air box.

·
Registered
320 Posts
How do you like the Koso grips, they perform well? I've been looking at their Apollo set with thumb warmer.

·
Registered
2019 King Quad 500 Colorado Matte Bronze, 26” Zillas on Traxion wheels, a bunch of other odds stuff.
4 Posts
How do you like the Koso grips, they perform well? I've been looking at their Apollo set with thumb warmer.
I haven’t rode with them yet, but my buddy has the same set since last winter and he loves them. I just have the cheapest ones, not the Apollo’s.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the Koso heated grips with thumb warmer on both of my King Quads. I posted some pics on another thread. So far I'm happy with them. I had Moose brand heated grips before, they were great, but so far I prefer these. I like the switch being built into the grips and the way they turn off if voltage drops, so they won't kill your battery if you leave the key on.

On these grips the thumb heat is controlled by the same switch as the grips, not independantly. On mine I mounted the thumb warmer to the back side of the thumb throttle. The thumb runs cooler than the grips in this configuration. Its not bad but I'm thinking about moving the heating pad to the front of the thumb throttle and seeing if I like it better. Also, on one set, I didn't use the included sand paper to scuff up the handlebars and had to re-glue them after they broke loose. The included superglue is runny like all superglue, and is easy to get on the plastics, so put cardboard or something down to catch drips until it sets up.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have the Koso heated grips with thumb warmer on both of my King Quads. I posted some pics on another thread. So far I'm happy with them. I had Moose brand heated grips before, they were great, but so far I prefer these. I like the switch being built into the grips and the way they turn off if voltage drops, so they won't kill your battery if you leave the key on.
The switch being built in along with the low voltage cut off really had me interested in them as well, if I can help it I prefer not to have anything extra on the bars or having to drill holes in plastic to mount switches.

·
Registered
2006 King Quad 700. 25" Bighorn originals. Highlifter springs. Twin air. Coop 3+. Dalton clutch kit
71 Posts
Just picked up a set of Moose heated grips. Where is the best /easiest spot for the ground wire?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just picked up a set of Moose heated grips. Where is the best /easiest spot for the ground wire?
I picked up the live from the key switch (orange wire if I remember rightly) and grounded to the frame of the headlight assembly where the plastic fascia screws on (top two screws). It's not painted and I screwed my eyelet down with the same screw that holds on the fascia. Works great and no new splicing or drilling required.

Took a while to find it, but it's #7 here: Suzuki ATV 2020 OEM Parts Diagram for HANDLE COVER (LT-A750XPZM0 P33) | Partzilla.com

Held it down with #6 when putting the fascia back on.

·
Registered
2006 King Quad 700. 25" Bighorn originals. Highlifter springs. Twin air. Coop 3+. Dalton clutch kit
71 Posts
I picked up the live from the key switch (orange wire if I remember rightly) and grounded to the frame of the headlight assembly where the plastic fascia screws on (top two screws). It's not painted and I screwed my eyelet down with the same screw that holds on the fascia. Works great and no new splicing or drilling required.

Took a while to find it, but it's #7 here: Suzuki ATV 2020 OEM Parts Diagram for HANDLE COVER (LT-A750XPZM0 P33) | Partzilla.com

Held it down with #6 when putting the fascia back on.
Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello all,

I too would like to put on a set of Koso Apollo heated grips on my KQ. I currently have a Warn VRX 35-S powered by the Aux outlet wire (cigarette lighter) and was wondering if I should bit into the same wire or should I try to find the orange/black wire under the pod of my 2019 KQ 750 AXI?

Thanks in advance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts