Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have 2007 Suzuki Eiger 400
One day out if the blue I seen smoke coming up from under the handle bars so I had a look and one of my plastics was again the exhaust cover so then I seen my exhaust glowing red at the manifold and after a minute of it running it glowing red
I can’t seem to figure out the problem and I rebuilt the carb and put new petrol in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seen it glowing red out of the blue and then let it cool down completely then started it back up and it was glowing red after about a minute then I rebuilt that carb thinking it was clogged or something

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
I seen it glowing red out of the blue and then let it cool down completely then started it back up and it was glowing red after about a minute then I rebuilt that carb thinking it was clogged or something
Was it during the daytime, or at night that it was glowing?

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
You are not going to like my suggestion, but take it apart carefully. Verify all is correct. Do a search here on the forum for lemon juice carb cleaner.

Clean the carb in lemon juice per the instructions. Absent of a professional ultrasonic machine, you can’t do better. The carb will be clean inside and out and perform as if it was new.

Just take everything apart First.

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
This is one such thread.

Reactions: That2007eiger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are not going to like my suggestion, but take it apart carefully. Verify all is correct. Do a search here on the forum for lemon juice carb cleaner.

Clean the carb in lemon juice per the instructions. Absent of a professional ultrasonic machine, you can’t do better. The carb will be clean inside and out and perform as if it was new.

Just take everything apart First.
Ok I’ll try that thanks very much for your help

1 - 17 of 16 Posts