Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2006 King Quad 700. 25" Bighorn originals. Highlifter springs. Twin air. Coop 3+. Dalton clutch kit
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20200530_143846.jpg

Happy early 50th to me. Long time waiting. 120km already and I'm impressed. Power is awesome. Clutching is spot on with perfect engine braking. Power steering is very welcome. Fit and finish is top notch. Handle bars perfect for me. Starting is immediate compared to 2006 model. The only gripe is the rougher ride compared to my old one. Shocks are sprung with no sag. Im hoping with new radials and winch install it helps a touch. A list of mods and upgrades to follow

·
Registered
567 Posts
Happy early 50th Big7! Congratulations. Wow, you really spoiled yourself. I can totally relate though , I got my 2019 for my 52nd B’day in December 2019 last year 😃

rougher ride eh... the preload is set to position 2 from the factory as standard which is already 1 away from the softest setting. You could drop it down 1 more to see it makes a difference until you get the new tires. I found the opposite , I had mine cranked up to 5 (stiffest) on stock tires , felt too mushy..lol

·
Super Moderator
7,720 Posts
Congratulations Big7. I Know how excited you must be. I picked up the exact same 750 but a 2019 just before the May long weekend. Must say I’m really impressed with it. Only upgrade I’ve done to it thus far is a set of mirrors. When I go in for my initial service I plan on putting a two up seat along with some new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 King Quad 700. 25" Bighorn originals. Highlifter springs. Twin air. Coop 3+. Dalton clutch kit
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I took it to the softest setting already. I'm only a buck fifty so maybe I need to eat more. I could also slow down a bit but thats hard to do on such a great bike.

·
Registered
567 Posts
LOL! Slow down.. naaaa. eat more maybe, I’m only a buck seventy(of muscle of coarse😂). Guess I was too used to hammering through on the old Brute Force, this thing seems much plusher..haha.

·
Super Moderator
7,720 Posts
If it’s makes you feel any better I’m only a buck sixty five. Was a buck fifty five before my last transplant. My wife always says how do you eat so much and stay skinny.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice ride. Happy Birthday. Seems like there's a few of us that are in the mid century range (I'm not admitting anything). Age admissions and then weight too. I'm going to take the fifth, but my quads seem to ride about right ;).

Seriously though, maybe add a tool box (on the front end of course, to keep it planted). I keep all manner of stuck gear, first aid kit, air compressor, tire plugs, water, food and maps in my classic tamarack box (I guess its called the Tamarack™ ATV Front Box now). If you don't have a winch yet, pick out a nice one! Or maybe even a bit of a beefer front bumper. All that and the front end will stay on the ground most of the time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just threw my Bighorns on from old bike and wow. Big difference. Running same pressure at 5lbs. Never thunk a 3ply would ride harsher than 6ply radial. Winch will be on in near future and looks like I have a winner again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New 25" shoes and boots. 2mm shim. One happy camper

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looking good. 2 mm shim, now you’re really going to need a winch to keep the front end on the ground! You put the shim in yourself?

·
Registered
33 Posts
It seems like you are having one of the birthday gifts for yourself this year. The modification looks nice, you are surely ready for a next adventure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I did. Built the tool to hold the clutch years ago. 2mm fits easy with ample room for clutch plate splines. This is temporary till I get the Coop 3+ in the off season. So far it works great and one may never need the machining....But I most likely will as I love all the gearing I can get down low.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It seems like you are having one of the birthday gifts for yourself this year. The modification looks nice, you are surely ready for a next adventure.
Thanx. I wish we had more adventure trails close by.

·
Registered
567 Posts
New 25" shoes and boots. 2mm shim. One happy camper
Nice Big7! and 2 mm shim, ta boot. cheap and easy bang for the buck. Yeah , After I did the coop+ 3 , I can’t even get a shim .5mm shim in and don’t need to 😃

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Early review of the new ride. Just dumped the oil at 360km. Replaced with Shell Rotella T6. Highly recommended on the Nyroc forum. Totally pleased with the performance of th King. Bighorns and 2mm shim are impressive with awesome ride and good bottom end. Couple little quirks like the plastic scratching really easy. And more engine vibration than my 2006. It disappears into the midrange though and is long forgotton. This bike is a real treat to ride on the trails with awesome grunt from low to midrange. Winch install soon and grease zerks for upper inside A -arm pivots.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
567 Posts
@Big7 Sweeeeet!! Back at ya..😁

·
Super Moderator
7,720 Posts
@Big7 Back at you again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha. Nice to see you guys getting out to. This weekend I will be out again. Weather is looking up again

1 - 20 of 24 Posts