Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would these things stop my hands from freezing? Not expensive but I don't want to get them if they're a waste.

Screenshot_20200910-075531_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a set of bar mits and hand warmers, those might block a little bit of wind, but not much.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Heated grips , or heated gloves would probably be a far better investment. I use both in addition to heated seats on two of our machines. Next week I plan to install an element in my new KQ seat also.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think of you do a lot of riding in the winter John1960 is spot on. I have handlebar muffs that work well for me, but I don’t do a lot of winter riding since most all of our trail systems close Dec.1 for atvs (sled season begins)..

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of winter weather you get but around here everyone who rides a lot in the winter invest in good set of gloves and heated grips/seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in NY. When I hunt it could get down to single digits + wind. Only ride for maybe 15 mins at a time but i can't wear big clunky gloves when i drive

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would look into heated grips since that would allow you to wear thinner gloves, cost wise I imagine they would be about the same just require more work to install. Unless your riding a lot at high speeds I never found hand guards to be particularly effective at reducing the cold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have both these or something very similar and heated grips. Together they do the trick very well.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm in NY. When I hunt it could get down to single digits + wind. Only ride for maybe 15 mins at a time but i can't wear big clunky gloves when i drive

Big , thick, non heated gloves will not only be restrictive, but will insulate you from the cold and the heat from the heated grips.

Perhaps a set of heated grips in conjunction with a thinner , less restrictive pair of heated gloves?

I would look into heated grips since that would allow you to wear thinner gloves, cost wise I imagine they would be about the same just require more work to install. Unless your riding a lot at high speeds I never found hand guards to be particularly effective at reducing the cold.
I agree. I just don’t see hand guards helping much.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Would these things stop my hands from freezing? Not expensive but I don't want to get them if they're a waste.

Nope.. The cheapest way I found is handlebar muffs, they are pretty effective at keeping your hands warm and dry, couple that with decent gloves and those disposable hand warmer pads, even better on freezing cold days. I use these as I don’t do a whole lot of winter riding , if I did I would go with what others have mentioned (heated handlebar grips, thumb warmer, seat warmer,etc..)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hot grips are the first thing I put on a new machine. Worth every penny. I also put on the guards, but that is more for keeping the brush from smacking my hands.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The cheapest way I found is handlebar muffs, they are pretty effective at keeping your hands warm and dry, couple that with decent gloves and those disposable hand warmer pads, even better on freezing cold days. I use these as I don’t do a whole lot of winter riding
I don't do much winter riding either, typically only go out to clear the driveway and such but typically see -20C / -4F and the handlebar muffs/heat pads work quite well even over longer periods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts