Suzuki ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
What do you guys think about winches? Is it worth the extra money for a warn? I understand they’re not made in the US anymore and that quality has gone down. Nearly twice as much $$ as a superwinch or KFI.
IMO years ago Warn used to be much better than most brands but many manufactures such as Superwinch caught up. I know my local Can-Am dealer uses Superwinch in all their installs and I think the local Polaris dealer does as well. Is it worth spending extra on a Warn vs another reputable brand I would say its personal preference at this point.

Reactions: Whistler128

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
IMO years ago Warn used to be much better than most brands but many manufactures such as Superwinch caught up. I know my local Can-Am dealer uses Superwinch in all their installs and I think the local Polaris dealer does as well. Is it worth spending extra on a Warn vs another reputable brand I would say its personal preference at this point.
I ended up with the superwinch 4000# synthetic. It was about half the $$$ compared to its warn counter

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The bison bumper doesn’t affect the left rear storage compartment at all, but it does limit how far the middle one will open.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
40 Posts
The bison bumper doesn’t affect the left rear storage compartment at all, but it does limit how far the middle one will open.
Looks Nice! Could you do me a favor if you get a free minute? Can you measure the distance from the bottom inside edge of the receiver hitch up to the bottom of the lower crossbar of the bumper and tell me what that distance is? Thanks a Lot!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I also got a KFI winch protector that I really like.
They are also good for preventing your fairlead from getting marked up and as a winch cable dampener when winching.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts