Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2021 KQ 750 w/ ps. I’m not crazy rough on my atv all the time, but I am at times in the woods, especially during deer season: plowing over small trees, up and down stuff I shouldn’t...etc. I want to find the best grill guard and skid plate for the money. I’ve been looking, and I’ve looked on this site, and most advise is old. What do you suggest...

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
What all are you looking for..? Entire lower skid plate, front/back A-arm guards..? When you say grill guard, you referring to a front bumper to protect the grill/rad..? And welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What all are you looking for..? Entire lower skid plate, front/back A-arm guards..? When you say grill guard, you referring to a front bumper to protect the grill/rad..? And welcome to the Forum.
Front guard, back guard, skid and front and back arms.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have the factory Suzuki front bumper and find its held up well to pushing over trees within reason, they also make a rear bumper as well. Suzuki also offers a skid plate set but keep in mind the arm plates can build up with snow/mud which could damage your CVD boots.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
33 Posts
I put this bumper / grill guard on my 2020 750 and I really like it. Offers really good protection. A little tough to clean around though .... I've since mounted LED's to it as well. It offers many different mounting points.

·
Registered
2020 KQ 750
26 Posts
I've got all the Iron Baltic HDPE skids and while they're a little heavy, the construction is great, they're about 3/8" thick and it also comes with an aluminum front bash plate if that's the right term. They're great in the woods as they seem to sort of help "glide" over downed trees. I'm super happy albeit they were a little expensive, about $465, but made it from their factory somewhere in Estonia with free shipping to me in 3 days!!!! I'll try to get a picture of it later today if you want to see, but just a quick note, I purchased the factory Suzuki front bumper and it wouldn't fit due to the bash plate not allowing it to reach the factory mounting holes and there was just no way to make it work.

Reactions: Whistler128

·
Registered
2020 KQ 750
26 Posts
It's a bison, I think they have the best looking rear bumper out there for the KQ also.

·
Registered
2020 KQ 750
26 Posts
Don't own one, just wanted to throw it out there, but it certainly looks like it'd make it a chore to get to.

Reactions: Whistler128

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't own one, just wanted to throw it out there, but it certainly looks like it'd make it a chore to get to.
That’s what I was thinking.... one of the reasons I bought the KQ was because it has better dry storage than the grizzly, which is the two I was debating

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
33 Posts
does that rear bumper hinder either of the storage compartments in the back?
One of the pictures they post on their website seems to show that the Bison rear bumper does effect the rear storage plastic lid opening, below the tail light....on the newer Kings. Looks like it can still be accessed though. I'm in the process of removing the 2 rear plastic storage areas so that I can install that Bison rear bumper to work with the rear tow rope setup I have in the hitch receiver. I do like their rear bumper and I agree, that it is one of the best looking rear bumpers for the King.

·
Registered
2020 KQ 750
26 Posts
I need to buy new ramps for my truck too. Any suggestions?
I had the trifold but it didn't fold so was it about 5' 8" which made it steeper than I would've liked and wasn't the most heavy duty. I picked up a set of nice 8' arched bifold ramps that are 19" wide. Holds 3000 lbs and the arched design makes it cake whether into my truck or over the side of the trailer. I ordered them from Northern Tool and were a little $ but cheap insurance compared to messing up a bike.

Here's the link to them:

·
Registered
2020 KQ 750
26 Posts
Work awesome to load up our 3 bikes over the side of the trailer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put this bumper / grill guard on my 2020 750 and I really like it. Offers really good protection. A little tough to clean around though .... I've since mounted LED's to it as well. It offers many different mounting points.

View attachment 20994
I really like the look of the bison. I think I’ve decided on that for front. I’m afraid I won’t be able to get into the storage compartments in the back. I may decide to get the back anyhow. Anyone know how accessible the back is with the bison rear on there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What do you guys think about winches? Is it worth the extra money for a warn? I understand they’re not made in the US anymore and that quality has gone down. Nearly twice as much $$ as a superwinch or KFI. I’ve already decided on a synthetic. My last superwinch was metal and a real bear to keep up....what’s the best bang for your buck?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts