Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I am a new member and I am about to purchase a King Quad. I am mechanically inclined and definitely not dumb when it comes to ATV's but I am new to them and I guarantee the members on here know more. My reason for joining is to hopefully learn all about these quads. I am currently looking at two quads one is a 07 KQ 700 and the other is a 07 KQ 400, both seem to be in great shape but I was hoping I could get some feedback on them. The 700 almost seems like two good of a deal, and all of the performance modifications make me a little nervous. When looking at the picture the quad seems in great shape only has 1400 miles, cosmetically the rims are dented but that's not to big of a deal. I usually prefer to buy stock and do the mods myself but this is a nice price for a 700. Any ways I will post the adds and hopefully some people will have good feedback.

https://providence.craigslist.org/snw/d/2007-suzuki-king-quad-700-efi/6433577397.html

https://maine.craigslist.org/snw/d/2007-suzuki-king-quad/6394336889.html

Thank you for the help
Dan

·
Registered
834 Posts
I would be looking at the 700 because it is in great shape cosmetically and some of the costly mods are already done. Ask if you can take it for a rip then go from there .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely like the idea off the 700 but I was able to talk the gentleman with the 450 down a substantial amount so I probably will end up going with that. The 700 does look like it is in good shape but I just get skeptical buying heavily modified atvs, and I fear I may get stuck with something that stops working down the road.

·
Registered
834 Posts
That's a good point. I bought mine bone stock. Nothing was aftermarket. Until I got my hands on it

·
Registered
97 Posts
To me thats a no brainer. 700 all the way. Not heavly modded. What he do? Ecm, exhaust. Thats it. It had a vdi ecm. Best out there plus a stock one. He added an aftermarket muffler. Big deal!!!! 700 is a great machine.. I bought my 05 700 with 3200 miles on it for $3200. I put a few bucks into it and she runs, drives great. i love my 700.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I think I'm just in shock at the price, you typically cant find 700s in my area for less the $4500, and typically they are closer to $5500, so I just assume something isn't right with it haha.

·
Super Moderator
7,305 Posts
Good reason maybe to ask if you can test drive it as someone else mentioned earlier. Personally, I’d go with the 700. And I’m not a huge fan of heavily modded stuff either. Especially if it’s got a snorkel on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yeah I think I'm just in shock at the price, you typically cant find 700s in my area for less the $4500, and typically they are closer to $5500, so I just assume something isn't right with it haha.

I personally would go for the 700 but... 1. Its not my money and 2. I'm not the one stuck with it if it turns out to be a terd. I understand where your concerns are coming from but who's to say the 450 doesn't have internal issues. Either way you look at it.. Buying a used machine from a dealer or Joe shmo is a gamble at best.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All points are true haha, you never know what will blow up. I love the 700's they are great, and I have been riding my brother 450 for a while and I feel it does a good job of getting out of its own way. I will be going to look at both and then see what one I feel is a better choice. If I do go with the 450 I will buy it with intention of going bigger down the road but keeping it for my girlfriend or who ever is in my life that does not need an atv with all motor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also have yet to actually understand if people like the VDI's, some say they love them and it changed their ATV for ever, others say it royally messed things up, the ATV wont start or it stalls, and everything is screwed up, so I have not made up my mind whether they are worth the investment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts