1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Sweet......

·
Registered
48 Posts
Really fun getting out and seeing new sights and country. Enjoy it most in the Fall, Winter, and early Spring before the leaves block out your field of view through the trees. The Good Lord has Blessed us with many wonders of beauty in Nature....Amen!

·
Registered
38 Posts
We never consider ourselves lost. We are exploring new territory. That's what it is all about!

Cool find!!

·
Super Moderator
7,700 Posts
I agree, I never really consider it getting lost. Especially when you come across stuff like this in the bush. Plus i have a method when exploring so i don't loose my sense of direction.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never get lost either lol. Want to prevent that risk, I use an old smart phone and download an atv trails app. App has a tracking feature, you can track wherever you go and you can backtrack when you return. Navigation apps use satellite so cell service isnt needed

·
Super Moderator
7,700 Posts
Where I go, there is no cell reception. Cells cell are useless. I utilize the dig a rut trick when I explore. I see a trail I want to investigate, so gather a bit of speed and turn sharply to leave deep rut marks in the dirt to show the direction I went. Plus I also count the number turns to right and left I make. So far this method has served me well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You dont need cell reception. Gps is on satellites, not cell reception. I use an old cell phone with a trail app to track where i go. Leaves a colored line that you can follow back. When you're at home, use your home wifi to load the app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts