Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting 130+Volts to the ignition coil wires and the wires are not even plugged into the coil. What could be causing this?
-2004 suzuki eiger 400 4x4

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
I'm getting 130+Volts to the ignition coil wires and the wires are not even plugged into the coil. What could be causing this?
-2004 suzuki eiger 400 4x4
Im going to hazard a guess and say that your voltmeter is showing you 13.0 volts and you are not seeing the decimal point. 130 volts would fry every component in your electrical system. It would require approximately ten batteries all wired in series. Alternatively, your stator would have to be on steroids.

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
View attachment 22353
I'm thinking a bad cdi and it's not getting any spark. Also when I hook the wires up to the coil it arks pretty bad
Ok, first off a Fluke meter is an excellent piece of equipment. I am glad their is some redundancy with it though. Do you see the analog bar graph on the bottom of the display? It is showing you what I expected to see. Roughly 12V. Your digital display is whacked.

Hook it up to the battery. It may give you the exact same reading. That meter is/was a good unit. It’s time may have come. It is discontinued and has been for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts