Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for the fuel tank to be under pressure? I noticed that if left out in the sun when I remove the fuel tank cap I hear a release pf pressure. Is this normal or is the tank cap suppose to relieve this and mine is not doing that. It runs fine. I just noticed when refueling.

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it normal for the fuel tank to be under pressure? I noticed that if left out in the sun when I remove the fuel tank cap I hear a release pf pressure. Is this normal or is the tank cap suppose to relieve this and mine is not doing that. It runs fine. I just noticed when refueling.
My 700 has a vent on the tank with a check valve. The check valve may be plugged up (or maybe something in the tube). Should find it on the frame above the fuel tank on the left side. I can go take a pic if you need one (mine is currently exposed while I work on a fuel problem).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 700 has a vent on the tank with a check valve. The check valve may be plugged up (or maybe something in the tube). Should find it on the frame above the fuel tank on the left side. I can go take a pic if you need one (mine is currently exposed while I work on a fuel problem).
Already replaced that because it was not working and all the hose going to it. I thought it allowed air in as the tank level goes down and checks anything going out? I assumed it was that way to keep fuel from pouring out in the event of a roll over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts