Suzuki ATV Forum banner

Fuel for a 2019 KQ

14K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  JohnDoe1983 
#1 ·
Hi, dealer mentioned that I should use premium fuel on my 2019 KQ. Manual says regular 87 oct.
Ignore the dealer?

#2 · (Edited)
I’ve heard a lot of people say to use Premium fuel in all my small engines because it contains less ethanol then regular fuel. Personally I only use regular fuel in all my small engines and they all work well running on that. Your dealer isn’t entirely wrong. But if your manual suggests 87 octane fuel then I’d use that. After all, the engineers who design the KQ know what’s best for their engines to run off of. So if they recommend 87, I’d use that. But there’s nothing wrong with using premium fuel in your KQ either. Only difference is it costs more then regular fuel and contains less ethanol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I use 93 octane in everything, in my area the local company switched to 0% ethanol in premium only. I use it in everything, chainsaw, mower, snowmobiles, generator...etc. if I was riding my quad continuously and was filling it multiple times a month I'd use regular however I could make a full tank last a couple months. Since switching I've used zero stabalizer and never once had an issue. While I believe the engineers may allow 87 they are always pushed to design or recommend to a given standard it doesn't always mean what's recommended is best but doesn't mean it isn't either. I personally choose to pay 60-80 cents more a gallon for no ethanol.

#8 ·
93 gains you absolutely nothing EXCEPT .....if the 93 you are getting is ethanol free, I would get it too......It's just really hard to find around me.

#9 ·
yep, I got used to using high octane ethonal free gas on small engines, particularly carbureted motors. As long as gas prices don’t get crazy again, I continue to use it as much as possible. it’s readily available at Shell or Esso around here.

#16 · (Edited)
Ethanol

Shell do not have ethanol in their gaz.

I always use that in my small engine which do not run often: generator, pressure washer, lawn mower etc..

Shell V-Power NiTRO+ or better Shell V-Power (91 Octane) no ethanol

Less humidity too, more detergent

Ultramar, Petro Canada, Esso has ethanol.

Most of the problem with small engine are due to ethanol after speaking with a few small engin mechanic in Quebec Canada.

As suggested by ajl719 Seam Foam does miracle. When my snowthrower goes stupid, I give it a few onces to drink and voila. I even use it in my KQ 2018 and everything that has a spark plug.

Below is a pict of a carburator bowl

Attachments

#11 ·
#13 ·
Lol, same link I referenced prior Wally ?

#14 ·
Hey new to this forum. I always run reg. fuel in any four stroke that I'm running fairly regularly, I have a 2018 500, lawn tractor snowblower ect. I use premium in my generator as it sits for along period with the same gas, I will generally add stabilizer to it's fuel. Always use premium with mixed fuel for two strokes, I've been told by mechanics that the ethanol messes with the oil. I'm not sure how, but I don't use that much so the added cost is insignificant for the peace of mind.

#15 · (Edited)
There will always be a huge debate regarding regular or premium gasoline. Personally, just use whatever your owners manual suggests. And if sitting gas bothers you, throw in a bit of sea foam in the tank. Not only does it clean your fuel system, but it’s also a fuel stabilizer as well.

Lastly, please do not to post a question within another member’s thread. This is known as highjacking and can be offensive to the OP and others. If you are unsure how to do this read this thread:

( https://www.suzukiatvforums.com/forums/suzuki-atv-news/4129-posting-new-threads.html#/topics/4129 )

And welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.