Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2017 750 eps.
So since day one it’s had 2” lift and 28x10x14 all the way around

So my question is does anyone else have a problem with there steering getting real shaken over 25mph like it just starts shaking and if I’m riding on edge of road and hit some gravel or something from a driveway it jerks that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's the camber of your wheels. I've read plenty of accounts where the KQ manual steering is very darty without the power steering. The upper A-arms in the front are slightly too long pushing the top of the wheels outward. As you add in a lift kit you are basically amplifying the problem by pushing the A-arms down further which is for lack of a better description making your wheels/frame stance look like an upside down horseshoe...your wheels are sitting something like this right now \ / if you were to jack the front end off the ground. You will probably see more wear on the outer edge of your tires too than anywhere else. I saw somewhere that somebody cut about an inch out of the upper A-arm tubes to bring the camber back, apparently it cured the darting and wild steering issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same problem at 40mph.shakes worst faster u go. Quad is 2013 stock 500 with ps..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crazy thing is on a trail it will just straight out fly down them 35 no prob no shake or anything unless I hit a root lol then it gets darty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts