Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read some posts on changing the front and rear differential fluid. The manual says to replace the washer on the drain bolt. I can find the OEM part number but would rather know the size so I can buy some locally and not order OEM. can you reuse the washer or do you need to replace it? It's a 2022 Kingquads 500. Thanks

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
Theoretically, you should change the washer per the owners manual’s recommendation. However, you can get away with reusing it if you can’t immediately find a replacement. I’ve never changed the washers on my older ‘00 300 KQ, which was not a wise decision. Though I’ve been fortunate enough through all 22 years that I’ve owned her not to encounter any small oil leaks or water intrusion.

However, on my ‘19 750 KQ when I did a engine oil change on it last month I did replace the washer. I can get you the Suzuki part numbers for the engine oil drain plug and washer, and for the final drive drain bolt washer, “Wet Brake Oil”. I however do not know the part number for the front differential’s drain bolt washer. Nor the exact size of each individual washer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theoretically, you should change the washer per the owners manual’s recommendation. However, you can get away with reusing it if you can’t immediately find a replacement. I’ve never changed the washers on my older ‘00 300 KQ, which was not a wise decision. Though I’ve been fortunate enough through all 22 years that I’ve owned her not to encounter any small oil leaks or water intrusion.

However, on my ‘19 750 KQ when I did a engine oil change on it last month I did replace the washer. I can get you the Suzuki part numbers for the engine oil drain plug and washer, and for the final drive drain bolt washer, “Wet Brake Oil”. I however do not know the part number for the front differential’s drain bolt washer. Nor the exact size of each individual washer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You could just use the other side of the washer. The side of the washer that seats against the drain is what gets crushed. The side of the washer under the head of the plug is like new. Amazon sells boxes of washers cheaper than buying them individually. A kit with 10-18 mm would be a good choice to have in the garage.

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
You could just use the other side of the washer. The side of the washer that seats against the drain is what gets crushed. The side of the washer under the head of the plug is like new. Amazon sells boxes of washers cheaper than buying them individually. A kit with 10-18 mm would be a good choice to have in the garage.
That’s actually a great idea Chewy. Would you happen to know what kit off of Amazon to use..? I briefly looked, but all I could find were big kits. And I’m pretty sure I’ll never use any of the really big crush washers in those kits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts