Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a quad runner with a semi-automatic transmission and it has an LT-F500F carburetor. I cannot get the carburetor float height. Can anyone please help me with this? I have been trying for months. Desperately seeking float height for this bike. If anyone has a manual for this particular vehicle, please help me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi David58,

I am assuming you have the original carb: KEIHIN CVK36.
The carb ID number is stamped on the left side of the carb body (throttled side) and is either: 03G2 or 03G3.

FLOAT HEIGHT: You should use a Caliper Ruler, also known as a Vernier Caliper. I find it best to measure depth/height using the "depth rod" that slides out the end. I also prefer using the metric measurements, rather than inches.

FLOAT HEIGHT SPECIFICATIONS (From Suzuki Vinson Service Manual)
17.0 mm (plus or minus)

FLOAT HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: To check the float height, turn the carburetor upside down. Using Vernier Calipers, Measure the float height while the float arm is just contacting the needle valve. Bend the tab/tongue as necessary to bring the float height to the specified level. (17.0 mm +/- 1mm)

When I did my recent rebuild, I purchased a new Suzuki OEM Float and was delighted to find it was within spec so no adjustments were needed.

Here is the link to my previous post on this topic. It is worth your time to watch the Shane Conley videos!

https://www.suzukiatvforums.com/forums/suzuki-vinson-500/33786-float-height.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts