Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 king quad 400FSI. Several months ago the indicator on the fuel Guage started scrolling up and down as if it wasn't registering the sending unit. Took float (sending unit) out and did a resistance check and everything checks ok. Even did the resistance check @ the instrument panel (all good there too) to verify that issue was possibly instrument panel it's self, not wiring. Decided to just deal with no fuel guage, but now the speedometer is not working either.
Anybody have any ideas or experienced same issues? Starting to think I have a crapy instrument panel.

Please help

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I know this may not make a difference but have you checked all of the fuses? I've had no problems with mine but it does sound like it's an instrument panel issue.

THOMAS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have checked fuses and continuity and resistance checks on harness and fuel sending unit. Just don't want to replace panel and issues still remain. . Thanks for your response

·
Registered
22 Posts
interesting, i was searching for speedometer problems & hit this one post ... & it just so happens i too am dealing w/ a 2013 KQ 400 ... now whats the liklihood of that ???
so i have mine at the dealer as i type ... so i'll add any more info when i get the diagnosis back ... the odometer also is not working, everything else seems to be in the instrument cluster ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
This many people with the issue you would think someone would reply with a fix or does the big man have a hand in coffers around here?

·
Registered
184 Posts
This many people with the issue you would think someone would reply with a fix or does the big man have a hand in coffers around here?
This being a thread started back in 2016 a lot of people join the site when they are having problems with their ATV, then find a answer or not and then move on, you never hear back from them again if that fixed it or not until something else pops up they need help with.

When the original poster mentioned his fuel gauge was not registering right I would of suggested running some Star Tron fuel additive to maybe help correct it. The ethanol fuel we have these day's can mess with the sending unit at times and cause the digital gauge to act squirrely. Star Tron can clean these deposits off and return the gauge back to working in some cases.

Also a person needs to take in the fact that if they like to play in deep watery mudd or drive into a lake above the manufacturers recommend depth of up to the floor boards at max,then said person needs to expect problems with their ATV electronics along with other things. Not saying OP has done this, but just from my observation here locally and online videos of other ATV'rs that have turned their ATV into a cool submarine. Dealerships and part's guys love those type of people the most.

Tony

Reactions: kenora

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks for the reply i am going to start with the connections and make sure they are clean and work back. I will try the additive you talk about for the fuel display. As far as i know this machine hasnt been off the farm or abused very much or at all. Its a 2015 but looks new other than tires.

·
Registered
184 Posts
thanks for the reply i am going to start with the connections and make sure they are clean and work back. I will try the additive you talk about for the fuel display. As far as i know this machine hasnt been off the farm or abused very much or at all. Its a 2015 but looks new other than tires.
Yep ! good plan you can check your connections to make sure everything looks ok and then use some dielectric grease on those connections, that will help keep moisture and dirt out. The Star Tron or Seafoam. I like the Star Tron the best, and I use Seafoam when I'm out of Star Tron. I mix up 1 ounce per gallon with each tankful of gas. It may or may not fix your problem could be soething else wrong and it may take a few tank fulls to do the job, but still it is a plus for me to use it in each tank I fill. I hope it all works out for you and safe riding.

Tony

·
Registered
1 Posts
interesting, i was searching for speedometer problems & hit this one post ... & it just so happens i too am dealing w/ a 2013 KQ 400 ... now whats the liklihood of that ???
so i have mine at the dealer as i type ... so i'll add any more info when i get the diagnosis back ... the odometer also is not working, everything else seems to be in the instrument cluster ...
Hello did the dealer solve ur problem, just bought kq400 2017, speedo not working and digital guage radamley going up and down any pointers appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problems. No speedometer, and no fuel level reading. I replaced both the speed sensor, and fuel sending unit. That did not fix it. I ordered a new speedometer assembly. I just plugged it in, and now everything is working perfect. You will need to know where your quad was made, there are several speedometer options to order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts