Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the new Power commander V with timing control tonight on a 2014 KQ750. It does work without issue. The injector, crank position sensor, and coil all plug in without modification. The TPS reference wire is the same yellow wire it calls for you to hook to in the instructions. So basically install is exactly the same as the paperwork states for the 2019-2020 750 King Quad it is available for.

I did not get to ride it but messing around with it in the garage you can clearly tell the timing control is working. I added 5 degrees across the board to just see how it sounded. As soon as I sent the map the idle came up how it is on the VDI and the throttle response and how quickly the motor revved was obvious. I then tried -5 across the board and the RPM dropped and it kind of started chugging so the timing control is working and takes affect the instant you send the map. This set up will be good cause you can run larger injectors and use the auto tune set up to get it just right. Then you have the timing control to let you get the performance of the VDI with the s tock ECU in place. It also shows injector duty cycle so you can see if you even need a larger fuel injector.

As the weather gets nicer ill mess with the timing actually riding it and see how it feels. That bottom end of the VDI is what im hoping to get without having to walk home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't you have to install an O2 sensor in the exhaust for the Power Commander V to properly tune
a map for you?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts