Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new to this site as i just became the ptoud owner of a beautiful 07 kq 700 and if there is already a thread on this im sorry but just have a quick question, while riding sund my temp light came on and stayed on from what i assumed was machine being hot, it eventually went off then yesterday after couple hours my Temp/Fi light and the Fi indicator on the digital display started flashing, according to owners manual this is fi issue and the quad should not start after being shut down, well the quad ran great while light/indicator were flashing and the ecu produced no trouble codes, when i shut the machine down and turned key back on the lights went out and quad started right up, now at this same time my battery was week prior to goin riding to the point where i had to pull start the quad. Ive read in a few forums that if there isnt enough voltage that it could cause the temp/fi ligjt and idicator to come on/flash, so my question is being the quad runs fine and will start back up after being shut off is it possible that the dead battery is causing this issue?, i havent got a battery yet and ran the machine yet to see if it would come back on but was kind of hesitant about running the machine without doin a little research about it first, and thank you ahead of time for any future help with this issue

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
You are correct about the battery. A weak battery or battery that can no longer sustain a good charge can throw off you atv's electrical system, maybe even give off a false Temp/FI indicator. The only way to tell would be to replace the battery and try it again to see if the warning indicator comes back on. If it doesn't then you know it was the battery. However, if the warning indicator comes back on then you could be having one of two things happening. The first may be a bad Temp/FI sensor, which could be plausible. And the second may be that your actually having a issue someplace. Though if that were the case you would think the atv would miss a beat or start sputtering or something. Either way, i would start with a new battery and go from there. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, i do intend to get a battery and go from there, i had same thought that if there really was an issue the quad would run differently but it doesnt, that and if a sensor was bad id figure it would throw a code in which there r none,.... so hopin it just the battery, thanks for the response

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
Not a problem, keep us updated.

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
Most Suzuki atvs don’t come equipped with a fuel filter. The only filter it would have is on your fuel petcock. The fuel shut off valve for your quad. Inside the tank the fuel petcock has pick up tubes with fine mesh screens to filter out any dirt or sediment before it even leaves the tank. I also believe the fuel pumps on the fuel injected Suzuki’s atvs also have some type of filtering sock if I remember correctly. As for your post. As Dacaur stated, please don’t highjack other members threads. Especially old ones from 2014
(7 Years Old). Threads that are over a year old are deemed inactive and will almost never get a reply. So please try and create your own threads. If you are unsure on how to do so. Do a forum search and there should be a thread there explaining how to post new threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts