Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I've stated before I'm new to the Suzuki's. I bought a 2017 KQ 500 AXI last weekend with 50 hrs and it runs like new. When it's idling its ok, when I rev it up a little I get a clattering sound. This may just be the Suzuki in it that I'm not used to. Doe's anyone else with a 500 hear the same thing? Going for the first ride tomorrow and hope everything is ok. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Can you pinpoint where the sound is coming from..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Lower left side makes me think maybe your hearing something front the CVT. Though it’s on the opposite side of the quad. Not sure what else if could be. I’m still getting use to all the different noises that my 750 make. After riding my 300 for 20 years, the noises from both machine are totally different. Hard to know what is normal and what is not with the 750.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Like I've stated before I'm new to the Suzuki's. I bought a 2017 KQ 500 AXI last weekend with 50 hrs and it runs like new. When it's idling its ok, when I rev it up a little I get a clattering sound. This may just be the Suzuki in it that I'm not used to. Doe's anyone else with a 500 hear the same thing? Going for the first ride tomorrow and hope everything is ok. Thanks
Like Ajl said, different machines, different noises. My 2006 Vinson 500 drove me nuts at first. I got a rattling sound off idle and almost like a knock. I put over 2,000 miles on it, it sounded the same, ran like a top and never missed a beat. I gave it to my son, same thing. I sold it with 3,700 miles on it and it still sounded the same.

Great engine, it just has a certain sound of its own. Then again, if you listen close to some Ducati’s , they often sound like they are going to hand grenade from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts