Suzuki ATV Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just have to figure out a way to hold the clutch solid to use a regular torque wrench.
My springs on the rear are F5.7X200, fronts are F4.5X200 and 9.4X45. 2 different springs on each front shock. It will be at least a week before I can install them and test ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know. I went back through the posts and saw that. Did they get yours figured out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know. I went back through the posts and saw that. Did they get yours figured out?
They've shipped 30% lighter springs which haven't arrived yet because the guy that rows the trade canoe to New Zealand is getting old and slow now.

I'd recommend only installing the rears first and going for a test ride to see if they're anything like what you want them to be. The reason I say this is because to install the fronts you have to remove the whole front end and lift up the power steering tray otherwise the top bolt on the front left shock doesn't come out as it's blocked by a plastic locking tab on the power steering tray. And when you (likely) decided that they're too stiff, you'll be thankful that you don't have to disassemble the front end again to remove the shocks and put softer springs on.

Though I'm a little worried that the springs are only part of the problem - they supposedly do custom valving too for each set.

It honestly blows my mind that they're setting these shocks so hard for everybody. Who is requesting a HARDER ride on a Kingquad? Hop onto an Outlander (even with basic non-Fox shocks) and it feels like a Rolls Royce in comparison to stock KQ.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My son in law has a Polaris 1000 and it rides plush but is way too soft at speed. I don't have power steering so install should be fairly easy. Time will tell. I'm kind of curious to see what Hillbelly says about his?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just put the rears on and my machine doesn't seem stiff at all. It's just me pushing up and down but I know the compression is set in the middle so I should have plenty of room to soften it up. I won't be able to ride it until I get my clutch parts back but this puts my mind at ease a little. Hope everyone is healthy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not even close. Mine seems softer than stock. I feel I may have to tighten the adjustment a little. Not the spring. Just the compression if I'm saying it right?

·
Registered
33 Posts
As close as I could tell but please remember that my machine was raised to remove/install the shocks and then just bounced up and down then I put my weight on it on a concrete floor and jumped up and down on it. It was within 1/8". Probably not very accurate but it's all I could do without riding around for now.

·
Registered
2017 king quad 750 axi
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I just have to figure out a way to hold the clutch solid to use a regular torque wrench.
My springs on the rear are F5.7X200, fronts are F4.5X200 and 9.4X45. 2 different springs on each front shock. It will be at least a week before I can install them and test ride.
Where can I find the numbers? I looked and didn’t see any.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My springs are black and the numbers are in white right on the coils about in the middle. I have shock covers on or I would take a picture. Did you get to ride yours yet?

·
Registered
2017 king quad 750 axi
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
My springs are black and the numbers are in white right on the coils about in the middle. I have shock covers on or I would take a picture. Did you get to ride yours yet?
My front springs are F4.2x200 9.4x45. My rear are F5.4x200. I told them I was 180 pounds and I carry about 50 pounds of gear. I also told them I plow and do slower pace trail riding in rough rocky mountainous terrain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Let us know what you think of them. I thought the installation was easy. Did you get your bolts yet?

·
Registered
2017 king quad 750 axi
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
My front springs are F4.2x200 9.4x45. My rear are F5.4x200. I told them I was 180 pounds and I carry about 50 pounds of gear. I also told them I plow and do slower pace trail riding in rough rocky mountainous terrain.
Also I have not had an opportunity to ride it yet I’m still waiting on the hardware to arrive for the new nuts and bolts.
Let us know what you think of them. I thought the installation was easy. Did you get your bolts yet?
I will and I’m still waiting for my bolts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The bolts on mine seemed like soft material. I would think a grade 5 would be more than sufficient with some blue loctite. I noticed my rear bolts had loctite on them but my fronts didn't. I did like how the hard to reach bolts on the front had welded nuts on the back side. That was awesome!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I finally got everything together. I have no issues whatsoever. The front shocks so far are spot on awesome. The rears seem a little stiff but I dropped down 2 clicks and it made a difference in the softness of the ride. I have not messed with the preload yet but it rides way better. I've only been around the fields so far and will do more riding tomorrow. So far I'm impressed.
The Coop mod is really good also!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts