Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 king quad 750 axi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there put Elka shocks on their king quad? I was considering buying a set of stage 3’s but I wanted to see if there were any installation issues. I also wanted to get any opinions because they’re expensive.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I would love to get a set of stage 3 eventually. I think If you need or want to upgrade, you can’t go wrong. Everything I’ve read and researched about them says they are worth every penny. Fox brand is another one to consider too if they make for your model, many OEMs putting them in at factory.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a friend who put Fox shocks on his utility quad and he loves them, especially when getting airborne or going high speed over the rough stuff. They have reservoirs like the Stage 3 Elka and bolted up with no problems, I can't see Elka being any different since they make shocks for the KingQuad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just ordered the Elka stage 3 for my 2018 750. I'll let everyone know once they arrive and I get some ride time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Elka is telling me at least 8 weeks out.....It's going to be a long 8 weeks!
I'm thinking about sending my clutch to Coop? Any opinions on that? I've never had an auto clutch apart before.

·
Registered
2017 king quad 750 axi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Elka told me the same. I’m about a week ahead of you I will let you know when they come. As far as the clutch it doesn’t look too hard to do yourself there are plenty of kits out there. Watch a video on YouTube and see what you think before you send it off.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Elka is telling me at least 8 weeks out.....It's going to be a long 8 weeks!
I'm thinking about sending my clutch to Coop? Any opinions on that? I've never had an auto clutch apart before.
Nice choice but gonna have to wait.. haha. I will consider Elka stage 3s for my next upgrade after I wear my 2019 shocks out more, they work very well I think.
Regarding the coop mod(machined primary sheave). I highly recommend it, particularly if you upgrade to larger tires , even if you only got up 1 in taller and wider like I did. I had mine done last winter when I put her to sleep for a few months. Phenomenal , one of the best bang for the buck performance upgrade for the KQs. Got all the bottom end possible and maintained my top speed , low speed tractability and engine brakeing also improved if you can believe it. I’ve put over 2000KMS on her since and the season ain’t done for me yet..Lol.
From a maintenance perspective, I recently did a belt check and it revealed no increase in belt wear , still well within spec on original OEM belt!
The CVT clutch components are easy to get to and disassemble, there are quite a few YouTube videos for reference and we can assist too.

Cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice choice but gonna have to wait.. haha. I will consider Elka stage 3s for my next upgrade after I wear my 2019 shocks out more, they work very well I think.
Regarding the coop mod(machined primary sheave). I highly recommend it, particularly if you upgrade to larger tires , even if you only got up 1 in taller and wider like I did. I had mine done last winter when I put her to sleep for a few months. Phenomenal , one of the best bang for the buck performance upgrade for the KQs. Got all the bottom end possible and maintained my top speed , low speed tractability and engine brakeing also improved if you can believe it. I’ve put over 2000KMS on her since and the season ain’t done for me yet..Lol.
From a maintenance perspective, I recently did a belt check and it revealed no increase in belt wear , still well within spec on original OEM belt!
The CVT clutch components are easy to get to and disassemble, there are quite a few YouTube videos for reference and we can assist too.

Cheers!
Thanks for all the info guys!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Taking the clutch a part to install the Coop part is easy, I would say the only difficult part is getting the one nut off it. He also sells finished ones so you don't have as much down time. It might be worth checking around were you live to see if you have any performance shops that do it, could save you some money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I may contact him to get a finished one and just send mine back when it's off. I'll see what the price difference is. 8 weeks is a long time to wait for shocks. Just hoping I like them when they get here?

·
Registered
11 Posts
One thing I read in the small print about the shocks is if the item being shipped into the U.S. is over $2,000.00 then it has to go through customs and is subject to additional fees through the shipping agent. I didn't know that. I was well under but news to me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
One thing I read in the small print about the shocks is if the item being shipped into the U.S. is over $2,000.00 then it has to go through customs and is subject to additional fees through the shipping agent. I didn't know that. I was well under but news to me.
I'm curious why you shipped directly from Elka, seems like there are plenty of dealers in Ohio. I ship a fair bit to the US and most items over $200 get the once over by customs. Many of the carriers UPS/FedEx etc like to charge fees for clearing the package through customs, prepaying for taxes and a number of other things which really add up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was on the Elka website and saw they were on sale and figured they custom make them anyway so I just ordered directly from them. I was happy that they actually called me and told me they were behind and it would be a little longer til they get here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where you at in WV Hillbelly? My friends and I are thinking about planning a trip to one of the Hatfield and McCoy trails. Have you ridden any of them and if so do you recommend any certain one? We're thinking a long weekend.
Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts