Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this 2002(i think) eiger 400 2 wheel drive. It got it for a great deal and it needs a coil which I have already ordered. When I got it home i did some more looking around at the thing and noticed that the frame already had mounts for a front differential, telling me that the 2x4 and 4x4 used the same frame. I also noticed what seemed to be “caps” that kept dirt out of the wheel hubs where the cv axles would go. And lastly, looking at the engine where the driveshaft would come out another cap like thing. This got me thinking if it would be possible to remove these “caps” and convert the atv to 4x4 by adding the parts necessary such as axles and the differential. It is covered in mud underneath so my first step is to pressure wash is and take a better look at the spot on the crankcase where the driveshaft would come from and go from there. I am wondering if anyone has done this before or at least attempted it? My research online led to nothing but off topic websites.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think you'd be better off just selling it and getting a 4x4 model. On top of buying all the front differential parts the CV axles and the actuator. You'd have to split the tranny and get an output shaft and yoke plus driveshaft. The work and money involved wouldn't be worth it since used 4x4's are so plentiful

1 - 3 of 3 Posts