Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys, just got a 2020 kingquad 500 axi Saturday . I want to change the tires on it. I am thinking about the duro powergrips . I had a set on a side by side I sold and like them on it . So what do u guys think? Should I put them on the quad or not? If not, what would u guys put on it? It will used for trail riding and for hunting/fishing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Out of curiosity, but why do you want to change the tires of your ATV?
The sidewall on this tire is too lite. I had several sidewall failures with these tires before.

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
When I get the initial service done on my KQ 750, I’m swapping out my stock Carlyle 489’s for some 26” Kendra Bear Claw HTR’s, (8 Ply). Might wanna consider those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had kendra bear claws on a 400 I didn't like them they didn't clean goo in mud. I had the power grips on a side by side I liked them. the best place I've foundto get tires is WWW.ATVTIRES.COM I get all tires from them check them out...

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
I have the original Bear Claws (K299) on my 300. I had no problem with mud not clearing from them. Every person is different. And it’s always best to choose the tire you think is best suited to your ridding application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I reluctantly installed the Kenda BearClaw HTR tires on my 19 KQ 750. I really liked the Carlisle 489AT tires that came with it, but the Kenda's really are better in most situations. Only slow speed smoothness and max speeds were the Carlisle better tires. Otherwise, the 8 ply radial Kenda tires are better. Stick with stock size tires, get a good winch and a storage bag and you'll be good to go anywhere.
IMG_2062.JPG

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi guys, just got a 2020 kingquad 500 axi Saturday . I want to change the tires on it. I am thinking about the duro powergrips . I had a set on a side by side I sold and like them on it . So what do u guys think?
If you were happy with their performance on the trails you ride then why not go with them again.😁

I have the original Bear Claws (K299) on my 300. I had no problem with mud not clearing from them.
There are lots of different types of mud some more prone to balling up on tires than others. I've ridden with people with original Bear Claws / Bear Claws HTR and in general they do seem to clear well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts