Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry if this had been discussed but I’m about ready to change the oil in my 2016 750 king quad and am unsure if to check the proper level you should thread the dipstick or not. Hondas are usually not which is what I’ve ran in the past.

·
Super Moderator
7,625 Posts
I’d thread the disptick till it’s lightly seated when checking the oil level. That way you’ll have a more accurate reading. Also making sure the ground your quad is sitting on is as level as possible will also guarantee more precise oil levels as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
The manual is clear on this for the KQ 700.... check it WITHOUT screwing it in... I know its counterintuitive but... that what it says...otherwise you'll be about 1/2 l low...that is reading 1/2 l more than you really have...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agree with others who say... Do not thread it in, manual specifies not too. Just changed my oil in my 2019 KQ and the dealer, or suzuki, had the oil filter on so tight it was insane

·
Registered
90 Posts
The only ATV I've seen that required me to screw the dipstick in is Can-Am. The Japanese bikes don't require it to be screwed in. But really, just check the manual; don't take this kind of advice from someone that doesn't own your bike. Hope this helps others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts