• it's a 16 year old suzuki

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys and girls,

I dont usually post to forums but I’m in a bind. My wife and I purchased a 2004 Suzuki Eiger 400 manual shift 4x4 (model: LT-F400f) from an older gentleman who had kept it under shelter for a few years in non running condition. He said last time it was touched was when his grandson tried jump starting it with his car battery. The atv battery had died the day prior which it had been doing frequently but he assured me it was just a faulty battery. So grandson and his infinite wisdom hooked the dead atv battery to the running car and it was never to run again.

I DO HAVE:
Engine turns over with compression, lights, fuel, and a big faded red, PINK... miniature Abrams tank of a atv in my garage.

I DONT HAVE:
Spark... none. Not even the smallest bit. Zip, zilch, nada. Ain’t got NONE. Spark has vacated the premises. You get the idea.

SO FAR I have replaced:
New battery, new CDI, new spark plug, new voltage regulator, checked fuses (all but neutral start relay), made sure all connections are secure.

IM WONDERING if I should replace:
old ignition coil, old neutral start relay, possibly wiring harness or even stator?
I’ve sank a couple hundred in to this still not rideable atv and the wife... well she is UNHAPPY to say the least.
So my question is, what am I missing? What should I do next, what did I waste my time doing? I really appreciate anyone who can give me an idea of what to do next. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If it has been "under a shelter" it may have wiring problems from rodents....for some reason rats love to chew wiring in two.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts